Thursday, April 16, 2009

I've Been Busy

I’ve Been Busy
Yes, I have been busy lately. Most of my energy has been directed at getting ready for my trip to Salt Lake City this weekend for a college fraternity reunion. I had to arrange for a substitute for my Saturday class and make sure she had all of the necessary information.

Then, there was blood test Wednesday. The test went well as far as I could tell. There was hardly any discomfort or pain when the needle went into my arm. I will get the results of the tests tomorrow when I see Dr. Karen.

I also spent part of Wednesday at the Nissan dealership while the Pathfinder was being serviced. I graded papers while I waited for it to be repaired. I also wasted three hours on Monday, waiting to get picked by the Honda dealership’s shuttle driver so I could pick up the Prelude.


The Prelude was so nice to drive after it came out of the dealership. It holds the road better than the Pathfinder and it is much more maneuverable. Curves are such fun for me now. I ended up driving much faster than I normally do and I burned more gas than usual. My gasoline mileage dropped off to about 26 miles to the gallon. If I pay attention to how fast I am driving, I can probably increase the mileage by a mile or two per gallon.

We had an increase in visitors for the week. 913 visitors stopped by the blog for whatever reasons. This was a 40% increase, week over week. The foreign visitor count has held fairly steady at around 65 to 70% of the flow.

I do appreciate all of you who stop by the blog.

Then, I played Nice Guy Chuck this week for my friend Sunny. Sunny and I have been Internet acquaintances for almost four years now. We first started chatting when Sunny was a senior at university in China. She wanted to chat with a native English speaker to improve her English. Sunny found me on ICQ. Sunny asked me to proof-read a paper for one of her graduate school classes. She is attending Clemson University in South Carolina and will graduate this Spring with a Master’s degree in Sociology. I finished off reviewing her paper this afternoon.



I am very ashamed to say that Sunny’s writing and English is much better than most of my students. These students, for the vast majority of them, are all native English speakers.

I got a phone call from my friend Scott who lives in Salt Lake City this morning while I was teaching. I had to call him back which I did after lunch.

Scott called to ask me to be part of the Founders’ Day ceremony. It is a simple part; I light a candle and say one of the original founders’ names.

Simple enough for me.

Then, Scott gave me the local weather report. It was snowing while we were talking. It was not that much of a storm but it was still cold and wet and damp. He knows that I used to be sensitive to the cold so he wanted me to dress accordingly.

I can do that. All I need to do is zip in the winter lining on my raincoat, take my wool scarf and gloves from the closet and I am ready to hit the snow. I checked the weather on MSN.com this afternoon. The forecast calls for warming slightly and no snow for the rest of the weekend. I will still take some boots that I have so my feet can stay dry.

The trip to Salt Lake City means that I won’t be posting another blog until Monday or Tuesday, depending on how I feel next week.

I hope you all have great weekends; I know I will.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home