Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Muddling through the Week

Muddling through the Week
I have managed to make it to the middle of the week without any significant disturbances in the Force or my life.

Well, maybe I did have a significant disturbance in my life. On Monday, I took the Prelude in for service to have two transmission gaskets replaced. The gaskets were over twenty years old and original equipment on the Prelude, wearing out is not unreasonable.

What was unreasonable and a significant disturbance was the shuttle ride from the dealership to my home. I don’t think this ride will rank up with the near death experience that Doug and I had with the shuttle ride in Atlanta from the airport to our hotel. But, this ride did come close.

The driver did not know what he was doing. Instead of asking all of the passengers where they lived, so he could plot a route that would inconvenience the fewest. He only asked one passenger, who lived the furthest from the dealership, where he lived. The driver went there first.

The driver managed to hit a very plainly marked speed bump dead on, going about thirty miles an hour. I suffered a wrenching twist and agonizing pain in my lower back that has lasted almost three days now. I hope it goes away soon.

Our ride’s misery inducing suffering was complicated by having an older person as the next stop. He had only limited awareness and very less ability to provide the driver with directions. I am convinced that this older person has limited mental abilities because he drove past a Honda dealership that was barely a mile from his home to have his Honda serviced at my dealership in Torrance.

Just because you buy a Honda from one dealership doesn’t mean that you have to return there to have the vehicle serviced.

I will pick up the Prelude on Friday morning.

Perfectomundo.

I went to see the colorectal surgeons at the hospital this afternoon. This is my once every six months visit. I took Doug with me as my backup.

I saw a new doctor, a resident. This means I will never see him again because of how the hospital rotates the residents. The new doctor was bright and personable, unlike the last surgeon I saw there.

I had to correct the errors in his understanding. He had almost every point wrong. I wonder if he was reading from my file. He said that he understood that I had reservations about a liver laperotomy. I told him that I was always in favor of surgery and reconnection of my colon since I first had a consultation with the colorectal surgeons. I find it to be discouraging to have so much misinformation in my medical records.

The new doctor tried to find the long missing and probably lost Tumor Board report on me.

He was unable to find the report.

Doug made a joke of it, saying the department has a long history with us of losing documents.

Things will be better, medically speaking, next week when I have my regular appointment with Dr. Karen.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home