Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How did it get to be Wednesday so soon?

How did it get to be Wednesday so soon?
I think it all started out when I had a substitute teaching assignment on Monday.

All of the morning classes at school start at 8:00 AM or so I thought. It turns out that the class I substituted for did not start until 9:00 AM. It starts later because it was difficult for everyone to get to class on time. I found out about the starting time after I was at school.

What a myth.

Starting at 9:00 did nothing to improve class attendance at the beginning; student still straggled in.

Most classes are only three hours long. This class was four hours long.

Instead of heading home at 11:30, I left school at 1:25 and got home around 2:30.

That left me with not much time for a late lunch and to get ready for my 4:00 PM appointment with my regular doctor who treats me for my diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.

The appointment went well. It was just an in-between annual checkup visit. I’ll know in a week or so how I really well I am when I get my blood test results. My doctor thinks the cancer progress is very good and positive. By the time I finished the appointment and returned home, I was looking at 5:00.

Then there was Tuesday.

I had a job interview on Tuesday. It was scheduled for 9:00 AM. The person who set up the interview time called me on Tuesday morning at 8:20 to say that if I wasn’t driving yet the interview would start at 10:00.

I didn’t take the phone call because I was driving on the freeway at about 65 miles per hour in moderately heavy traffic. Driving and cell phoning just do not mix in my mind.

I had to wait an extras hour.

I won’t discuss the interview except to say that it ran longer than I thought it would last. Based on the hiring manger’s comments at the close of the interview, I am not that optimistic that I will be hired even though I am very well qualified for the position.

Time will tell on the job.
The delayed start of the interview pushed everything else back for the day.

I had thought taking a nap after lunch but that got ruled out. One of my neighbors has a dog that loved to bark yesterday afternoon. The dog barked for most of the afternoon so that ruled out any nap. The dog is still barking today.

I dinked around with my new blog, banking made simple, to get it set up with Sitemeter.com’s services so I could track visitors to that blog. I had absolutely no success with the blog.

I did get an invitation to join one of my former employee’s Facebook page. I never realized how pervasive these social networks are. I guess they are everywhere.

I suppose that I could write some more stuff but I will save some for tomorrow.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home