Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Update - June 14th

Weekend Update
The sun finally came out of hiding this weekend. While it was sunny for most of the weekend, except for when it was night time, the weather stayed cool and below normal temperatures.

I was reading over the weekend that there may be another El Nino weather condition this Winter. El Nino refers to the periodic warming of the water in the equatorial regions of the Pacific Ocean the results in heavy Winter rain storms that usually begin in December. This means that Southern California will have higher rainfall than normal if a moderately strong El Nino condition does develop. Driving will be so unfun with cars slip-sliding away.

I finished my shredding backlog of files yesterday. I filled up four large bags of small pieces of paper. I suppose that someone with a near infinite amount of time and patience could put the reports and files back together. Whoever that person is, he or she will need a bucket or two of glue.

It is Sunday so that means a trip to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for my large ice blended drink. Tihana was working again today so that my drink was excellent. It was not perfect or as good as the one she made for me last week. This week’s drink was a bit thin on the extra ice to make the drink thick. I guess that one has to expect that things will not always turn out as we would like things to develop.


I had a long chat with one of my Internet acquaintances today. She is graduating from Clemson University in August and is looking for a job in New York City. If she is able to land a job, I think I would take a long weekend and fly there to see her. We had a long discussion of why I feel partial to Asian women; I am fairly certain that it made sense at some level of thought. Since Sunny is getting her Master’s degree in Sociology, she ought to be able to figure out what I said or meant.

I have a busy week for a change. Monday I am substitute teaching in the morning and seeing my regular doctor in the afternoon. Wednesday is my Microeconomics class. Thursday is my Marketing Research class. Friday is my regular, once every three weeks, semi-date with Dr. Karen and Nurses Vrunda and Wendy. Saturday I have theater tickets for a revival performance of a play from the 1940s. Sunday is Fathers’ Day in the States and Doug invited me to come out to his mother’s house for dinner. He will cook.

I had a double feature with Paulina Garces over the weekend. I managed to catch her selling used cars on Saturday and Sunday. It was the same infomercial but I watched it just the same. The other young woman Paulina works with had a little rat dog with her. I call it a rat dog because it was small and rather furry and not very nice to look at; that plus the fact that she had the dog wearing a pink dog coat.



A pink dog coat in Southern California, not at this time of the year.

All in all, quiet weekend for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home