Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Weekend Update
It was an interesting weekend for me.

The area had a power interruption on Sunday afternoon. It only lasted for a few minutes so it was no great burden for me except having to go around and reset all of the clocks in the flat. Fortunately for me, there are only two now that have to be reset.

The only real consequence of the power interruption was the failure of my UPS device. I think it was five or six years old. It had lasted longer than I thought it would last. I don’t know what happened to the UPS; it did protect the laptop and that was what it was supposed to do for me.

When I checked it over, I discovered one of the seams on a side was cracked open. This was not a good sign and it probably explains why I couldn’t get it to function after power was restored.

I went to Staples this morning to buy a new one. I didn’t want to go around with a UPS system that I could plug the laptop into.

I liked the new UPS because it has all of the access ports on the top of the device. This is a major improvement because most of us place the UPS in a nearly inaccessible location under our desks.

The only improvement that could be made to the device is to spread the access ports [plugs] a little wider apart since most of the plugs we would use to connect to the UPS have those fat transformer type of plugs. As it is now, I have covered up two of the access ports with fat transformer plugs, making two of my eight ports useless.

So much for intelligent design.

Doug stopped by this afternoon on his way to see THE HURT LOCKER with his friends. I was cleaning out my closet and Doug availed himself of a couple of old but very wearable tee-shirts. He thought that would be great to wear. Doug particularly liked the one that said “We are in deep doo-doo.”

Doug also helped me take my old television out to the Pathfinder so I can take it to the electronics recycling location tomorrow. He is younger and stronger and I appreciated his help.

Today, for those of you who may have living at the beach envy, it was only 70F/21C and mostly cloudy all day long. It was not a day to go to the beach at all unless of course you are visiting from Des Moines, Iowa and this is your only day to visit one of Southern California’s beaches.

Your bad luck or karma.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home