Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Tis a black, black day for me

Tis a black, black day for me
I got an email today from one of my favorite online stores, Hershey’s Gifts. They sell all sorts of Hershey chocolates; a product that has always met my expectations.

Hershey’s Gifts is closing at the end of July.

I have been a loyal customer of Hershey’s Gifts since the Princess went off to college. My first purchase was a ten pound tub Hershey chocolate miniatures for Halloween in the Princes’ freshman year at the University of Utah.

Since then, I have probably purchased several hundred pounds of chocolates with absolutely no complaints except, after all of the chocolates were consumed, some mumbled about tight fitting clothes.

I wonder why that happened.

I really liked their Halloween tubs of chocolate, personally and as gifts to others, because they always made the season better.

I ordered some chocolates so I would have something for Halloween. The chocolates are always chocolate but they will not be in jack-o-lantern shaped metal tubs now. I will miss that.

So what do I do going forward.

I have two choices it seems to me.

I can continue to buy from Fairy Tale Brownies with their almost quarter pound, dark Belgian chocolate calorie cluster bombs. Those have always been popular. Nurses Vrunda and Wendy both enjoyed the brownies I got for them in April.

I can order from M&Ms and have customized candies in special colors. I think I will order some red and white M&Ms with the words “Go Utes” and “Beat BYU” printed on them. That is a favorite of the Princess and me.

The only trouble is my choices are limited.

One of my doctors would say that giving up the chocolate is not necessarily a very bad thing. It would be good for me to do that.

Fortunately for me, I have some sugar free Hershey’s dark chocolate in the house. They will help me get over this disappointment after dinner tonight.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home