Friday, June 26, 2009

I should do a better job of blogging

I should do a better job about blogging
I really should.

I said that I would do a better job of blogging this quarter with my reduced teaching load.

I came down with a nasty Summer sinus cold over last weekend. It stayed with me until Thursday. I had reduced energy levels and a strong desire to take afternoon naps. I did take several naps and they were very helpful for me. I am fairly certain that this was not swine flu or H1N1 influenza. I did not have any of the usual symptoms and it was over too quickly to have been swine flu.

This was my first cold in over two years which is sort of remarkable since I was on a fairly strong chemotherapy regimen for a year.

I was talking to my department chair at school on Thursday after my Marketing Research class. It was a good thing that I did since he had scheduled a department meeting for later on Monday afternoon. I found out I have a new department chair, one whom I have had a chair before.

Now, I have to decide if I want to show up for a last meeting and a free dinner or skip it. I think I will go for the free food and speak to my new chair. My new chair is not a morning person and I don’t have any evening classes so this would be a good time to meet.

We had a slight uptick in visitors and page views this past week. We had 788 visitors who viewed 1,095 unique pages. The visitors are coming to the blog primarily from overseas, around 66% in the most recent week.

Doug called me during the week. He plans to be up in my area on Monday and will stop by before going to see a film with his friends. We talked about the Fathers’ Day dinner leftovers; I really enjoyed the small piece of the ice cream cake and he savored the smaller rack of ribs that made up his lunch last Monday.

I had one of my students ask if I wanted something from Starbuck’s on Wednesday; she was going there on the break and was willing to bring a cup or scone back for me. I thanked her for thinking of me and passed on her invitation, saying I had my breakfast and limited myself to only one cup of coffee a day. I had the coffee at the beginning of class.

My student never returned after the break.

I got an email from her about two hours later saying she had a minor family emergency to take care of.

Good thing I said no because my coffee would have been really sad a week later.

I also shaved off my moustache this week because it was getting to be a burden to maintain now. Molly the Stylist and Natalie the Receptionist both like the clean shaven version of me.

I wonder what Dr. Karen and Nurses Vrunda and Wendy will say when I see them in two weeks.

I suppose that this was a good week for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home