Sunday, August 09, 2009

Leftover thoughts and observations and events

Leftover thoughts and observations and events
This blog posting is a collection of activities and drama in my life that failed to make it into the regular log postings of the week. Some weeks, my life is on the dull and boring side.


I had lunch this past Monday with two members of my senior management when I was the president of a medium sized credit union. We used to have lunch once a quarter when we first started the practice several years ago. As time went by, we found it easier to defer the lunches because of any number of valid reasons such as having a separate life.

We’re all like that you know.

We had the last lunch in probably two years, maybe longer. But, the time interval doesn’t really matter that much. It was Sharon’s turn to buy the lunch; she was the Chief Marketing Officer. Sue will buy the next lunch. She is eager to plan the next one; Sue was the Chief Financial Officer.


From left to right, Sharon, Sue, and me.

We agreed to meet at the Olive Garden restaurant in the Ontario Mills Mall complex in Ontario, California and not Canada. The Olive Garden was chosen because it was convenient for Sue and Sharon; they both work out in the area.

Interestingly, I was the first to arrive even though I had to travel the farthest at about 55 or 60 miles. Well, I thought it was interesting to me.

I can’t say a lot about the meal. I had a simple lunch of some bread sticks and pasta with scallops, shrimp, clams, and mussels in a spicy tomato sauce. The bread sticks are extremely nice when they are served warm from the oven or bread warmer.

Most of the table chatter was about our children; Sue had one daughter get married a year ago and is looking forward to her other daughter getting married in a year when she finishes up her medical schooling. Sue’s son seemed to get by passed in the conversation or maybe I was not paying that much attention.

Sharon has no children.

For those of you who are regular readers of the blog, you know more than is probably necessary about the Princess and Doug.

I enjoyed myself and, as I drove home, I wished that we had not let so much time pass between meals.


I checked the blog visitor count yesterday. It doesn’t look good for my earlier prediction that the blog might achieve its 50,000th visitor this month. Right now, the total visitor count is at 49,220.

I did take a look at who is visiting the blog. We had one visitor this week that stayed around for 50 minutes. I think he or she was taking time to look at some of the pages that feature the actresses or models. We also had some Marines stop by.

Semper Fi Marines.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home