Sunday, May 16, 2010

Older Vehicles

Older Vehicles
One of the very nice benefits of owning an older vehicle, in my case, is that I do not have to make any car payments. Savings money is always a good thing.

On the other hand, owning an older car means replacement parts may be difficult to obtain. It took almost two weeks for the headlamp and fog lamp blubs to arrive at the Honda dealership for the Prelude. I will have them replaced on Monday morning. I will also take a look at the 2010 Honda Civics at the dealership since I will have time to kill while the Prelude is being repaired.

I took the Pathfinder in for service on Saturday. This was supposed to correct the problem with my speedometer cable. After spending three hours waiting, I learned that I needed another part that is joined to the part that failed. I will have that taken care of next Saturday and waste three or more hours doing so.

This experience at the Nissan dealership has raised my doubts in their ability to perform any sort of service work properly and correctly the first time. I can have the Pathfinder serviced by any Nissan dealership or independent repair shop since the vehicle is out of warranty and has been for ten years.

The first Nissan dealership recommended that I replace the timing belt and do some other minor work.

I will probably have the work done soon but by another repair shop or dealership.

May – June Low Clouds and Fog Along the Coast

It is that time of year again where we have low clouds and fog along the coast. For the most part, the condition will last from May through June. The low clouds or fog, take your choice, tend to stay around all day at the flat. If I go a mile or so to the east, it is bright sun and ten degrees [F] warmer.

I do not do well in this weather since it is a cool, damp atmosphere. I am sensitive to the cold and damp from my cancer treatments.

I should be working on grading homework assignments and preparing lecture notes for the last two class session of my new classes. I should but I don’t feel like doing that today. I can do that on Tuesday since I will have time in the morning before school.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home