Monday, January 10, 2011

Who are Barbara, Connie, Alise, Mary, Kristen, Joanne, Jean, Pat, Kathy, Linda, and Lynne?

Who are Barbara, Connie, Alise, Mary, Kristen, Joanne, Jean, Pat, Kathy, Linda, and Lynne?
I joined eHarmony.com last night.

The Princess had said that I should try it; she has been saying this to me for three or four years now. I’m a slow listener sometimes. Even my former wife has encouraged me to join some service like eHarmony or one of the other similar programs.

Today was my early morning class at school so I didn’t bother checking my email inbox before I left. I don’t like to be late to class plus I have all afternoon and evening to check the mailbox.

When I got home from school and after my lunch, I checked to see if I had any matches. I had eleven matches including two who wanted to get a message from me. I was not prepared for such a response.

Now what do I do?

First thing I did was the check where they lived. With the price of gasoline what it is now, driving, even in the MINI, can get expensive. I think I may cut one or two from the list based on geography. One of the women lives in Redondo Beach so that is a major plus for me. Another woman lives in the next town over and that is almost as good as Redondo Beach for me.

I was wondering as I was driving home from school if people sign up with more than one of these e-dating services. Would a person sign up with eHarmony.com and Chemistry.com or Match.com at the same time?

I noticed that a couple of the women are cat people and I think I may pass. I have never gotten along well with women who like and keep cats. Dogs, man’s best friend, are much different story for me.

My next step should be a close look at their profiles and see which ones come close to what I am looking for and what I like to do.

If nothing else, I will have some fresh fodder for the blog as I figure my way through this new form of dating.

Cinema
I went to see THE BLACK SWAN last week.

I really enjoyed it. Doug and I talked about it over the weekend. I thought it was a lot like INCEPTION or the SIXTH SENSE where you weren’t sure what was real and what was a part of the dreams. Doug didn’t quite share my point of view. We did agree that it was a very well made film; Doug had it as his best film of 2010.

I was talking about the BLACK SWAN in class today. I said it was a good film if any of the male students needed some chick-flick credits so they could go see TRON with a clear conscience and no nagging from Ms Could Be Right.

Tomorrow, I hope to see THE KING’S SPEECH before it leaves the local multiplex. If things go well for me, I will also get into the multiplex for TRON: THE LEGACY.

MINI and Me
It was sunny and not very cool today. I had to run a couple of errands to the cleaners and post office. I drove around with the top down for part of my driving. I did have the heater on so my feet stayed comfortable.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home