Saturday, July 05, 2014

Morton's and Me



I went to Morton’s the Steakhouse on Thursday night for dinner. It was a final Chuckay Celebration event. I went to my favorite Morton’s in Santa Ana. Doug and I have been going there for probably close to twenty years.
Yes, I like Morton’s and this one in particular.
I ordered a Norton’s salad, an excellent filet mignon with sautéed broccoli florets, and a double chocolate mousse for dessert. The filet was perfect. I could it with a spoon instead of a knife. For the most part the meal was superb.
My server wasn’t on the A-Team or wasn’t very focused on me.
A Morton’s salad, as I know it, is made with iceberg lettuce and a green goddess type of salad dressing. It comes tossed. I got a Caesar salad made with romaine lettuce instead. I asked why the kitchen substituted the salad.
My server said he thought I asked for a Caesar salad. I said I had requested a Morton’s salad. He asked if I would like a Morton’s salad to go. I said yes if it wasn’t too much trouble.
He returned with the salad to go in a bag when he presented me with the bill.
I didn’t look inside the bag until I got home.
I had a salad but it wasn’t a Morton’s salad. I’m not certain what type of salad it was. It was romaine lettuce with a thick Roquefort dressing, finely diced hardboiled egg, and an anchovy.
My server did try hard so I gave him credit for that.
He did get my drink order correct. I had some Lagavulin single malt Scot’s whisky.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home