Sunday, June 01, 2014

End of Chuckay



I ended Chuckay with a big bang. Chuckay is a month long celebration of all things Chuck; it also coincides with my birthday month.
On Friday the 30th, I went to a special dinner at Morton’s The Steakhouse in Santa Ana with my friend Sandra. She considers herself to be somewhat of an expert on tequila. This was a pairing meal that featured tequila from a distillery that I had never heard of. Sandra thought she had heard of the distillery.
Sandra was sweet and offered to taste my tequila first so I wouldn’t drink any bad stuff.
Regrettably, she managed to sample all of my small servings. Sandra told the tequila ranged from very good to excellent.
My water glass was always full and well chilled.
The food was excellent. I enjoyed a perfectly cooked streak and a great Morton’s salad.
We shared her dessert.
I didn’t share my dessert.

Yesterday, I went to see the musical Les Miserables at the La Mirada Theater.
This was the second time I saw the musical. The first time was probably twenty years ago when I saw the play at the Schubert Theater in Century City.
Over all, I enjoyed yesterday’s show more because I was sitting in the fifth row in the center. The first time I was sitting about a third of the way back and at the end of the aisle. La Mirada Theater is a smaller venue so that made the show better also.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home