Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Counter



My Friday lunch was a Father’s Day treat from me to me. Doug and I had celebrated Father’s day a week early and the Princess lives in Atlanta.
I got to The Counter in Torrance around 1:30. I thought it wouldn’t be crowded. Not being a soccer fan, I had forgotten about the World Cup. It was noisy and crowded.
I didn’t watch the match on the television screens. I could have done that much at home; I came to eat.
My burger wasn’t very special. It was a third of a pound patty with Swiss cheese, a tomato slice, an onion slice, some pickles, and some lettuce on a bun. I ordered some French fries with my burger and drank a bottle of Kona Brewing Company’s Longboard Lager.
The Counter does a great job with the individual orders of fries. They come in a metal cup which has been heated so the fries stay hot and slowly cool off to warm. Nothing ruins a meal like this one faster than cold fries.   
Dena M did a superb job as my server. I hope to have her as my server when I go to The Counter again.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home