Wednesday, February 16, 2005

W. C. Fields

W. C. Fields, that great American actor, humorist,and philiosopher, is reported to have said that he felt sorry for people who don't drink. He put it like this:

"I feel sorry for the people that don't drink; when they get up in the morning, that's the best it will be for them."

I thought of old W.C. this morning. I was reloading paper in my printer when I glanced out of my office window. I saw the aftermath of a stupid and ugly car crash. As far as I could tell, no one was hurt physically.

Two big cars that looked like Mercedes sedans came together.

Bang. Crunch. Broken glass sounds.

The weather was not a factor unless bright sunlight and bone dry pavement can be important. It happened around 10:00 AM so we can rule out low level, blinding sun and the dark since there were no clouds in the sky. The road was dry, the wind even stirred up some dust off of the road. This part of the road was divided so on-coming traffic was not significant.

What happened?

I think the drivers were talking on their cell phones about how important they are and they forgot The Big Guy's Basic Rule of Driving; watch out for the other jerks that are out on the road.

I expect the body shop owners will be looking at this crash as their next long weekend in Las Vegas. I can see the owners complaining about how the new paint on the repaired part doesn't match the rest of the car's paint that is weathered.

I hope neither driver was one of your insureds, Preppie. Preppie is my favorite and only ex-wife. She works for an insurnace company.

Anyway dear readers, this is going to be a short blog.

I have to get up tomorrow morning at 4:00 AM and drive to an all day meeting in San Diego. Hopefully, it will not rain on my way there. I expect it will rain on my way home but I will be in traffic anyway so the rain will have little impact on my drive home.

Don't look for a blog tomorrow night. I plan to crawl in bed as soon as I get home. Well, I will change my clothes first of course.

4:00 AM is way too early.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home