Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stupid Pigeons - Part Dos and Other Events

Hello gentle readers.

I have some updates on previous subjects of the old blog for you edification and gratification.

It looks like the building maintenance guy got to the pigeons and cleaned out their nest yesterday. It was gone this morning went I left for work. I hope they had not progressed to the point where there were eggs in the nest.

Oh the plus side, there is little likelihood of any more pigeon poop on my car and on the car park floor where it can get picked up on my shoes and tracked into the place.

I did see one of the pigeons in the car park when I came home tonight. I suppose it will leave sooner or later.

I think I mentioned the building next to my office building that is undergoing a total renovation. I had commented that it was a semi-unique building in Los Angeles, if that is possible in this land of plastic and paste. The building had a unique random geometric design that wrapped around the middle floor.

I was bothered by the fact the workers had carelessly knocked out two panels so they could dump the debris out into the parking lot below. The design was largely a mosaic pattern of individual tiles or stones so it would be close to impossible to match when the renovation was completed.

I don't have to worry about that issue anymore. Last week, while I was off at the beach, gazing at hot young women in belly shirts and booty shorts and wearing bad tats, the workers at the renovation knocked the entire design off of the building so there is nothing to match anymore. It is all so much colored rubble now.

The building has lost its uniqueness now. It is just a forty-five year old, three story building. Sort of plain and simple, like much of Southern California architecture today; I think the building's soul must be wandering in building purgatory now.

Maybe it will have a spectacular rebirth in a couple of months. I will keep you all close to the building architectural loop.

The office seemed quite today and more organized or, just possibly, I was busy with a project that has a short deadline. I seem to work well in this type of an environment with a fair amount of pressure to finish the project quickly.

Anyway, I feel good and the Laker's basketball season has mercifully come to a fitful conclusion. Only four and half months until the NFL is back on television.

On the subject of sports, I want to give a shout out to Arsenal for making it into the FA Cup [Premiereship League soccer finals] in England. The final match should be a good one against Manchester United.

On a related and passing note, I wonder what will happen to Manchester U if American Malcolm Glazer goes ahead with his plans to purchase the club. I should ask a proper English sports fan I suppose if I want a good answer.

Moving along with the blog, it looks like I should be off doing something useful and productive now. I do consider this useful and productive but others could argue it isn't.

So gentle readers, be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home