Monday, April 18, 2005

Stupid Pigeons

Hello gentle readers.

I hope your Monday was excellent for you. My Monday was the first day back from vacation Monday so you just know how well that went for me.

I live in a building where the car park is on the first two floors. The space where I park my cars is on the floor with the largest amount of exposed pipes. The pipe layout is full of bends and turns and joints. A couple of pigeons are trying to make it their home during breeding season.

This morning, I came out to my car, clicked off the alarm and got in. I looked out over my hood as I turned the engine over. There were the pigeons sitting on my hood close to the wind shield. I assume the pigeons were having just a fine pigeon chit chat as I drove out of the building and headed off to work.

One pigeon flew off as I began to accelerate away from my building. The second bird just turned into the created wind and spread its wings. It stayed on my hood for maybe a quarter mile until I made a turn and then picked up speed. Finally, at about 40 mph or 65 kph, the lift generated by the wind from the car's movement caused the pigeon to lift off involuntarily.

I don't think it was ready for lift-off because it sort of wobbled off and over my car. At least neither pigeon pooped on my car. At times like this, I could develop a real fondness for a hungry cat or two.

When I got into to work today, I had a couple of voice messages from Friday and a little under 30 emails to go through.

Most of my day was spent on the telephone. One of the big topics of the day was how does it feel to be back at work from vacation. That sort of struck me as being a silly question; everyone seems to feel crummy coming back to work from vacation unless you have the relationship partner from Hell or demonically possessed children. Then, work may seem like a sanctuary.

I had a favorable reaction to shaving off my moustache from the office staff today. The Girl Friend was puzzled at first when she saw the missing moustache but quickly accepted the new look. She said she liked me either way.

My drive home tonight was near legendary. I left the office about a half hour later than normal [because of phone calls] and yet I got home in just under an hour. This has been my personal best drive home time yet. I just wonder if traffic was light or if everything was going my way and The Force was with me tonight.

Oh well, I won't worry much about why I got home sooner than I thought I would. I will accept the results and go with the flow.

I got an email today from the Princess saying she was coming home on vacation in July for eight to ten days, depending on when she can get out of Atlanta. I know I will see her when I pick her up at the airport and when I take to the airport at the end of her stay here.

I mentioned the Princess' visit to the Big Guy when he called to tell me about his latest examination grade from college. He is doing extremely well and getting excellent grades. I suggested to him that he has about two months to help clean up his sister's room at his house. I don't think that was what he wanted to hear from me.


It looks like now is a good time to call today's blog to close.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home