Sunday, April 24, 2005

Weekend Update

Hello gentle readers.

I trust you all had a fun and enjoyable weekend. I did.

Just to make you all feel much better, I did not have great beach weather this weekend. It was sunny and windy and cool from the clouds on Saturday so I had to wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt under my sweatshirt when I was out reading. It was not much fun for smoking a cigar in the breeze.

I also did not do an awful lot of things over the weekend.

One of my big projects was cleaning my desk. It was about four years overdue for a general cleaning and discarding of unnecessary junk and stuff that accumulates like weeds. I now have a clean desk.

Excellent.

I also found my old passport that I thought I had lost. Now, I can apply for a new passport, once I get some photos taken of me. I am planning to take some trips overseas and I will need a passport.

I don't plan on leaving the country until 2006. My plans are still up in the air. I could visit China, South Africa, or Europe. The trips to China and South Africa will be killers with a thirteen or fourteen hour non-stop flight ahead of me.

I probably will have either seen the film or saw the film and did not like it. I plan to bring books, lots of big books that will take forever to read.

The Big Guy and I had lunch at Fatburger today. He needed to borrow two of my DVDs, High Noon and Sanjuro so he could study for a final in one of his film classes. I drove out to drove the DVDs off and then we went to lunch.

Normally, we love Fatburger but this time the server did not bring us the correct order. It had been a while since we had eaten at this Fatburger so we should have paid more attention to our order.

The Big Guy thought it might have been a sign for us to cut back on the size of our portions. He could have a point there and we do tend to pick the larger sizes. For my part, I tend to have a lighter breakfast and dinner when we go out for lunch. I think that helps balance out what I eat.

On the subject of food, we also planned our next trip to the Original Tommy's Hamburgers in downtown Los Angeles. This is sort of like a hamburger pilgrimage for us. I think we will be going there over Memorial Day Weekend.

We are also going to Morton's that weekend for the traditional Chuckay Dinner. I will be bringing the Girl Friend to Morton's with me. It will be the first time the Girl Friend and the Big Guy have met. I gave the Big Guy the option of inviting a friend of his like Rob or Evelynn.

If things go badly, I still have the Morton's steak to provide me with complete comfort and sustenance.

The week ahead looks pretty good. The Girl Friend is on the calendar for some up close and personal time on Saturday. That is always very good. I think we will probably go see a movie and then grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home