Monday, May 09, 2005

Gratitude...not for me

Hello gentle readers.

Some of you may remember in my Weekend Update post from yesterday, I mentioned how I had found a near perfect job for an old Co-Worker. There are no perfect jobs except being a baby because all you do is eat, sleep, poop, and pee. Life doesn't get much better than that.

When I spoke to the old Co-Worker this morning, I was figuring that she would be heavy with the thank yous. Boy, was I ever wrong. All she had to say was the department at the company doesn't do a very good job [then think of the transformation you can create] and the turn over rate is high [turnover happens, usually people leave for a better position].

Oh well, I'm over that now.

I got lucky today with my drive into work and back home again. The rain came while I was in the office and I could watch it from my window. It rained hard for about forty minutes or so and then it was over for the day and the rest of the week. By the drive home, it was sunny and life was good.

Tomorrow, I am going to a charity event after work and it will take me close to an hour or more to drive there and then back home. There is nothing special about the event; it is a thank you for prior donations. There will be some grazing type of food[small buffets] but nothing substantial.

So why, you ask , am I going to drive all over town? The Co-Worker will be there. Her company is the main sponsor of the event and she has to show up. She gets to do the "grip and grins" with the donors [meeting and greeting them].

Now doesn't that sound like lots of fun? You get to stand around in the cool of the evening [55F/13C] on the hard pavement and smile at a bunch of people that you do not even know and are never likely to meet ever again. Not my idea of fun; I would prefer a root canal from kindly Dr. Drill N Fill [my dentist] instead.

I was going to write more tonight but I forgot what I was going to say. I must be getting older.

I did get my hair trimmed tonight on the way home. It was nice to see Michelle the Stylist although she was in a crummy mood. No hug as usual; no running her fingers through my hair. I was disappointed but not shattered by her cold shoulder. It was nothing to get excited about but it did give me reason to consider a new stylist either at the same place or go somewhere else.

Tomorrow, we will celebrate my birthday in the office with a cake that I picked out. As some of you may know, I love chocolate so we are having a chocolate cake. I am prepared in case some of the women complain about the chocolate cake. I think I will suggest that they can avoid any troubles by not eating the cake.

I'm not sure if I will be posting tomorrow night. I may not get home until late and, if that happens, I will be too tired to post. Life happens gentle readers. Anyway, I need to get on to other things now.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home