Sunday, May 01, 2005

Weekend Update

Good evening gentle readers.

Or maybe I should say, good morning or good afternoon gentle readers since not all of you live in Southern California. So, wherever you are, I hope you had a good weekend.

May is my birthday month and today, being May 1st, is the start of Chuckay, a month long celebration of all things Chuck.

This is a project that got started with the Big Guy a couple of years ago. Most of our friends, the Big Guy's and mine, do not fully understand what or why we do this sort of thing. They sort of shrug and say that's Chuck and the Big Guy.

For the record, we have already observed the Big Guy's and the Princess' celebrations.

This was a laid back and slowed down weekend for me.

I had toyed with the idea of getting my car washed today. It has several months of grim and dust on it. Then, I checked the weather forecast for my part of the world and we may get rain by this coming weekend.

Cancel the car wash until next weekend.

The Girl Friend and I went to the movies and saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This is a film from the book and BBC radio program of the same name. Some of the humor probably went over our heads. That was fine with us. I liked the CGI animation; I thought it was particularly well done but then I am not an expert on CGI animation.

I will have to wait to find out if I was right after the Big Guy sees the film. Since he is the film studies major at the university, I will wait for his opinion.

We went to an early showing of the film. This allowed us time for an early dinner at one of her favorite places to eat. The food was good and prepared as we asked for. Nice touches.

Because we had an early dinner, we were able to go back to my place and watch my favorite Korean historical drama. The Girl Friend is beginning to get into the series now and recognizes some of the recurring characters.

The Japanese had a chance to demonstrate their ruthless, bloodthirsty, lust for war in Saturday's episode. For no reason at all, the Japanese executed a bunch of unarmed, captive, civilian Korean prisoners. I can almost see some modern day, ultra-nationalist, Korean group sponsoring the series development since it reminds the Koreans how evil the Japanese were or may still be today.

Sunday was a semi-day of rest. I did some laundry because I had to do that. That was about my only work. I did do some reading out on the balcony this afternoon and I smoked a cigar. I had to wear long pants and a sweatshirt because it was cool and breezy.

I think I can put away the long pants in another week or so for the rest of Spring and Summer.

And so, gentle readers, it is time for me to head off to bed because Monday morning is always very early.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home