Sunday, May 08, 2005

Weekend Update

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday Dear Chuck,
Happy birthday to me.

I had a nifty birthday and, at my age, having any sort of the birthday is excellent. For the record, I turned the ancient 60 on Saturday.

This was a weekend of rest for me. I slept late on both days, staying in bed until 7:30 AM. You have to remember that I get up around 5:00 AM during the work week so 7:30 is late for me. I put my razor away.

My Brother and the Princess phoned me to wish me a Happy Birthday. The Brother was on the road with the Nephew. They were coming home from the Nephew's first year in college. I think the Princess was sort of lazed out in Atlanta.

I started off my weekend by doing good things. I phoned an old Co-Worker to tell her about a job that would be perfect for her. In addition to being a perfect job, it was only about 10 minutes from her home.

What more could a woman ask for?

Lemme see; maybe a caring man who can listen and cook and who can pick up after himself and one that leaves the seat down without being reminded to do that.

Enough about her searches and more about me.

I did some buzzing around a bit on Saturday and Sunday; just going here and there to pick up stuff and so on. I went to the post office and mailed off a bag of Los Angeles Times Sports Sections to the Brother. The Brother lives in San Francisco and he claims the local papers provide little, if any, effective coverage on sports teams outside of the Bay area so I sent him my old copies, once a month. He should have a bundle by Wednesday to read.

My oldest Internet friend sent me a e-card for my birthday. She lives in Johannesburg, South Africa so dropping in for a brew was out of the question. I posted off a box to her that contained a bunch of our Sunday newspaper comics sections. She really enjoys them and doesn't have something like that at home.

She and her brother run a video rental outlet there. I included two sections of the newspaper's Annual Summer Film Preview sections. I ran out of filler to keep the stuff from rolling about while in transit so I tossed in some individual packs of Starbucks Coffee; she loves that as well.

The Big Guy and I went to Albertacos for my birthday lunch. We had our usual lunch: two Number 8s with medium drinks. A Number 8 is two carne asada[chunks of beef, tomatoes, spices, and onions] soft tacos with refried beans and Spanish style rice.

Burp. It truly fills you up.

The Big Guy got me four new DVDs for my birthday. The Princess picked out two, really excellent books on the history of the Royal Navy. When I got home from lunch, I went out on the balcony with one of them and read while I smoked a cigar. I smoked a cigar and read again on Sunday.

The Girl Friend sent me a card and so did another old friend. The other old friend always just puts my last name on the envelops. In this way, I can tell the card is from her always.

The only other useful thing I did this weekend was to put my DVDs in an alphabetical list. The list fills five pages but that is only one title to a line. I should probably count how many DVDs I have now. Judging from how full my storage racks are, I guess that I may have close to 300.

My ultimate goal is to have several thousand by the time I stop working. Then, I will be able to watch a couple of films each day and have a long time before I have to repeat my films.

It looks like I ought to head off to bed now, morning comes early and I may have a drive to the office in rain tomorrow. That would no fun at all.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home