Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My Close Up

Hello gentle readers.

The Big Guy called me today. He was between classes. I think he was bored and wanted to talk to someone. Dad is always an excellent stand-by when no one else is around.

He had seen the rough cut of the Robin Brown film, Johnny Benson's Adventure in the Blogosphere. If you will recall gentle readers, this was the student film that I had an extra's role of an older American mall walker. The Big Guy said my part did not get left on the cutting room floor.

That was so way cool for me.

The Big Guy went on to say that Robin was sort of planning a showing of the film on May 14th out at his university. The screening will be on a Saturday and so I will be able to go see it. I do need to know the time so I can be there before the curtain goes up.

The Big Guy said there was talk of making the screening a Bento Production and screen all of the Bento films. This would include Coulter's and Derek's films. The Big Guy crewed on all three films.

I particularly want to see Coulter's Zombie film. It's dialogue is all in Russian and it has English subtitles. The Big Guy said it looked really great while it was being shot.

Full and fair disclosure: Robin is the Big Guy's best friend and Coulter and Derek are very close friends of the Big Guy as well.

Robin is also a regular when the Big Guy and I go to Morton's Santa Anafor our periodic steak feasts. I won't gross you out with the details of the 48 ounce / 1.4 kilogram steak eating contest they had one time.

The screening may end up upsetting the Girl Friend. She has plans to take me shopping for my birthday. She wants to buy me some new casual clothes. I figure this is her attempt at remaking me.

At my stage in life, I am so set in my ways that I make the Grand Canyon look like a simple line in the sand. I have no intention of changing anything about myself. I like me exactly the way I am now. Still, it would be an excellent opportunity to score some new Polo or Tommy Bahama threads.

Women should know they can never truly change men. Just look at how hard it is for us to leave the seat down. Changing our dress style is even less likely to happen.

On the plus side, I never nag the Girl Friend when she leaves the seat down.

Anyway, I need to go get organized and listen to the Super Chocolate Power Hour radio broadcast by Robin, Coulter, and Derek. The Big Guy said last week's broadcast was the best one ever. For the record, I was here with you, gentle readers, pounding out my blog posting.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home