Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Driving to work - Part Dos

Today was a much better day to drive to work gentle readers.

I went to a breakfast meeting and so had to take a different freeway to go to the meeting venue. The different freeway was like night and day compared to my regular one.

The drivers did not use their cellphones. The drivers did not change lanes and weave like rugmakers and when they did change, they changed in an orderly manner.

It was like watching the Scots Guards, Potsdam Guards [you really have to know your history for this one], or the Marine Corps Drill Team [my personal choice] on parade. Everything and car was aligned and perfect. Traffic was actually not painful to be in for a change.

As soon as I returned to the Westside, traffic and driving went to hell in a Prada bag. The crazies were changing lanes without looking out for other drivers. I suppose these crazies are assuming that since they are on the Westside in a big, new, gas hog SUV, everyone will look out for them.

News flash - it don't work that way friends.

Traffic was slow because three crazies had rear ended each other, probably because they were not paying attention to the task at hand or the traffic. No surprises so far. The crazies got out of their crumpled and now formerly shiny new cars and SUVs to exchange information.

Unfortunately, these mental midgets decided to stop their vehicles in traffic instead of moving out of the traffic so the rest of us could get past.

These three crazies were just another dead solid, perfect reason for adding a huge tank car full of chlorine to gene pool so we can clarify the species a bit.

My work day was mostly eating today. I had a breakfast meeting to start the day. It was yummy, hot, and fresh [scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, fruit, o.j., Danish, and coffee]. About an hour after I got back to my office, we had a going away lunch [fruit tray, vegetable tray, deli tray with bread, and yummy cookies] for one of the staffers who is leaving this week.

Burp.

Then, I had my ego massaged nicely when a former worker came to the luncheon and she shamelessly flirted with me all lunch long. If nothing else, this was a real no-calorie, no-fat, no-sodium, no-cholesterol treat for me.

But, then, every guy likes to have an attractive woman flirt with him.

Dinner was a real let down for me. I was alone as usual and I had a dull ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread because I was not very hungry. I did eat healthy so that was a minor plus.

The Big Guy called me this afternoon to tell me that I missed the best of the Super Chocolate Power Hour radio show last night. The radio show is broadcast from Chapman University [http://www.chapman.edu] and is put on by the Big Guy's friends Rob, Derek, and Coulter. You can pick it up by going to the University's web site. They broadcast from 8:00 to 9:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesdays until the end of the semester in late May or early June.

Life happens.

I was busy writing my blog to those few, those happy few, those band of bloggers instead.

Oh well, I am off to do some reading on some new material for my dissertation that I downloaded today.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home