Thursday, June 16, 2005

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

We had another earthquake in Southern California this afternoon; the second quake in four days gentle readers.

It happened around 1:40 PM. The original magnitude estimate was set at 5.2 on the Richter Scale. This was lowered later to 4.9, still enough of shaker to be felt over 100 miles away.

I was at work. My building swayed laterally at first and then shook slightly. There was some movement but nothing that is upsetting unless it happens to be your first earthquake in a tall building.

Anyway, I was over it quickly and went back to work.

Usually, the Big Guy calls me when something like an earthquake happens. He passed on a phone call because he used the litmus test for earthquake size. His dog did not freak out so it was a mild quake and therefore, no phone call was needed the Dad.

I got some feedback from the attendees about my presentation yesterday. Two of the attendees sent me an email thanking me for the training session; one apologized for being late. I have never had a student, even in a work related program, apologize for being late. Granted, we have so many built in excellent excuses like “there was a crash on the freeway” or “I got stuck in a high speed pursuit” or “my car pool rider didn’t show up today so I had to drive with everyone else and that took much longer than I planned.”

You can add your own traffic related excuses to test your creativity.

As many of you know, this Sunday is Fathers’ Day. I will celebrate Fathers Day in July when the Princess is home on vacation. It is only a couple of weeks more and I can wait that long.

The Big Guy and I will go visit Albertacos on Sunday for lunch. I am pretty certain what we will get; a Number 8 [two soft carne asada tacos, rice and beans], a soft carne asada taco, and a medium drink.

It is an epic meal. It will also be my dinner since it is so filling and since it takes so long to digest. But, it is so well worth the drive and time to get there.

Plus, it is excellent father – son bonding time.

Burp.

The Girl Friend and I are going to the movies and then she is taking me out to dinner on Saturday. We will go see MR AND MRS SMITH this weekend and probably go see BATMAN BEGINS on the IMAX screen next weekend. You have to read the Big Guy’s blog posting about Batman on the IMAX at http://skeetonmischa.blogspot.com .

After dinner, we are going to come back to my house and watch my Korean historical drama. It is now up to Episode 68. I figure it will run out around Episode 100. I wonder what will follow this series.

The Girl Friend sent me some flowers today. The arrangement came in a toy truck that was modeled after a 1937 Ford pickup truck. It was an unusual arrangement but it worked very nicely. A couple of the guys in the office asked me what I was going to do with the truck after the flowers passed on the compost heap. I think they were hoping I would say you can have it.

I said that I planned on keeping it. It would look nice on the top shelf of my office bookcase, next to the blue M&Ms saxophone playing character. It certainly doesn’t look like banking but it will look nice just the same.

I could fill the back of the pickup truck with wrapped Hershey’s candies and use it as a candy dish. But, unfortunately, that would not be the healthiest solution for me. I think it would be better it stayed empty for now.

I had a brief talk with my boss today about the possibility of relocating my office to another location in Southern California. I suggested two alternative locations that were logical and plausibly deniable. We came to no conclusions and will probably have to wait and see.

Speaking of waiting, I think I will go off and do something of questionable value. I will catch up with you on the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home