Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday Night After Work

Hello gentle readers.

I missed you last night.

I was too tired and got home too late to toss out a blog posting. As I had figured out beforehand, I didn’t get home until 10:00 PM. When I get up at 5:00 AM, then 10:00 is time to head for bed.

I noticed tonight that my Search for Extraterrestrials has crossed over the 800 searches level. I don’t receive any prize for that. It is nice to know that my laptop’s spare time is being used productively. I have not found any signs of extraterrestrial life in any of my searches. Still, I think it is a good thing to do and would encourage any of you with a personal computer and idel computing capacity to participate in the search analysis.

My dinner last night was good. We went to an Italian restaurant. I consider myself to have been a successful eater since I did not end up with any marinara sauce on my shirt or tie.

Excellent

We had a brief tsunami scare last night from an earthquake in Northern California. I don’t think I would have been affected if there had been one. I live in on a hill so the wave would have to be close to 150 to 200 feet high to affect. If it had been that tall, there would have been a wide area of destruction that would have kept me from reaching my home. I was still having dinner when it could have hit. I was in the San Fernando Valley behind the 3,000 foot tall Santa Monica Mountains. I was not in any danger for the most part.

I’m glad there was no tsunami last night.

My class today went well. I think I hit all of the correct points and I finished up about thirty minutes early. That is always excellent. I was the only speaker for the all day long session. My voice was fairly shot by the end of the day since I am not used to doing too much talking during the day.

One of the outcomes from today’s class was that I learned where my office may be relocated to later this year. There is a possibility that I might be relocated from where I am now in Century City to Beverly Hills. I think the new location is no more than a mile of two beyond where I am now. That would still be an easy commute for me. And, there are a number of really good business reasons to make that move.

I will wait and see what happens.

The Big Guy called me today after he saw BATMAN BEGINS. It is definitely a great film by his standards. He said he plans to see it again. That sort of says it all for me.

The Big Guy saw the film in an IMAX theater on what he thought was a 70mm print. He said he had never seen a better film image before. It looks like I will be going to the IMAX theater to see the film on the really, really big screen.

I know this is a short blog tonight. I still have 105 emails to take a look at in my in-box. I suspect that most, if not, all of the emails will end up in the electronic trash can.

Be well and stay happy until tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home