Monday, May 23, 2005

Helping the Big Guy Pick Wine

Good evening gentle readers.

Or whatever is the proper time based greeting for you when you read today's effort in writing.

The Big Guy tossed up one of his massive blogs today. Let's just say he and I have a different style of writing. I use spell check and I do try to proof read what I post so that it makes sense.

Sometimes reading one of his blogs is like playing the role of Dr. Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG-1 when he is trying to figure out what some ancient set of symbols mean. Do the symbols mean "Don't touch this knob whatever you do or you will blow up this planet?" or does it mean "base volume control?"

Anyway, the Big Guy was thinking about going to the Hollywood Bowl, an open air concert venue in Los Angeles. One of the benefits for battling with the flying insects is that you can bring in your own food and liquor without being hassled by the gate guards. You do have to look over 21 if they see you carrying in a bottle but beyond that you are OK just so long as you don't get out of control.

He was thinking that he would need some wine if he took Ms 2005, a hot O.C. female to be named later. He posted that he would have to ask Dad for some help. I tossed up two choices for him, a Pinot Noir and a Sauvignon Blanc, both from the Central California Coast. Then, the Big Guy would be just like Jack and Miles.

I think the first choice for Ms 2005 might be Rachel Bilson although I would opt for Devon Aoki, if I were his age.

Surprisingly, work went by fairly well today. My office phone did not ring once today so I got a lot accomplished before noon. I finished off a 70 slide PowerPoint presentation this morning that I have to give in early June. My handouts will be something like 200 pages, maybe a little less, when you add in the PowerPoint, the learning material, stuff to take back to the office, and exercises.

Tomorrow, I need to finish off the learning material so I can be ready to distribute the material in advance of the training session. I don't feel like make copies of the material except for my bosses. The attendees have photocopy machines in their offices; they can make their own copies. Besides, I don't want to use half of case of paper making copies for everyone else. I need to protect my cost center and avoid the expenses.

The only call I had today was from the Big Guy. He was killing time before he went into see Star Wars Episode III this afternoon.

I talked to him after the show. He said the film had its moments but it could not sustain his interest over the course of the film. The Big Guy said it was better than Episode I or II but I am not sure that is much of a compliment.

I am more of a die hard Star Wars fan and so I will probably be fine with the film when I see it this coming weekend, when the crowds are all watching something else. I have no idea what they may be watching since most of last week's film fell apart in the box office.

I was reading one of my trade newspapers this evening. I saw a job ad that would be perfect for an old friend. It is perfect because it is only a ten minute drive from her house. Any commute in Los Angeles that is under 30 minutes is near perfect. I phoned her and left her a message about the job opening.

I hope you all had a fun weekend like I did gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy as I buzz off to read and wait for the old friend to call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home