Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Monday's happen

Yes gentle readers, Mondays do happen. One happened to me yesterday for sure and certain.

I had every intention of posting a blog last night.

Then, ICQ happened to me. One of the young Chinese women who have chatted with me was online when I logged into the computer. She started chatting with me as soon as I came online. That chat was going along nicely when another young Chinese woman approached me for a chat.

I seem to attract young Chinese women of late. I wonder why that is.

I try to be helpful and friendly to all so I agreed to chat with her.

I figure I am helping these women with their English language skills and that will help them if they work in business or government. Besides, if I ever go to China on a vacation, I have personal Chinese speaking tour guides to help me find my way around some of the major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.

That would be epic.

Our chats lasted for about 90 minutes and that just sucked all of my time for blog writing down the drain and gone forever.

The building next door to my office had no deconstruction yesterday or today. I wonder what caused that. The site is a mess with debris all over the place. On the other hand, I did not miss the noise of the power jack hammer that was breaking up the parking lot or the dust clouds that blocked the views.

It is hot in Los Angeles this week. The temperature at my office got up to around 86F / 30C today. It is hot everywhere except at the beach. That is great except I am work when the weather is perfect and home when it is crummy.

Sunday is a wonderful example of the crummy weather. While it was hot elsewhere, it was never even warm. The low coastal clouds hung on all day long. I went out on the balcony to read and smoke a cigar. I came back in to put on long pants because it was too cool to just sit there and read. If I had been active, I could have worn shorts and been very comfortable.

I spent yesterday and most of today editing a document that I created. When I first started out on the project last year, it was around 500 pages long. With some more diligent editing, I have it down to fewer than 230 pages. Document editing is less than fun but something that has to be completed so it can be published sometime next quarter.

I certainly had a dull two days didn’t I?

Oh well, life goes on and so will I.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home