Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tuesday and the week is almost half over

Hello again gentle readers.

The week is almost half over for me. I have a vacation day on Friday so I can go to my other niece’s wedding. This time I fly to Minnesota. The Younger Brother will be there but the Princess and the Big Guy are staying at home.

The Princess
The Princess called me to say return from a long weekend in Hilton Head, South Carolina with her roommate Emily. She said she had a lot of fun and really enjoyed herself. Phrases like that can upset some fathers. I have not worried about the Princess since she was in high school. I trust her judgment completely.

Home Networking
The home networking project ended this morning when the Apple tech support person suggested the Big Guy call Linksys because they could not help him out. If you recall, it was Linksys that suggested we call Apple tech support.

The Big Guy did say that Apple played rock and roll music while he was on hold and that he heard Bob Dylan. He also got to speak to a real live American and not a tech support person in Bangalore or Mumbai.

We decided that we ought to give up the project as a lost cause now. He was able to unwind things in less time then we spent on the phone with tech support. He sounded relieved when the project got unwound this afternoon.

Non-Deconstruction Days
Today was Days 36 and 11. Nothing happened to or at the building next door except maybe the wind blew the dry leaves around a bit more today.

There was more activity on our floor today. The painters came by over the weekend or early this morning and touched up the repaired wall spots. This afternoon, the building maintenance workers came by and put up some new signs. They avoided putting our signs up. Maybe they will get to our signs tomorrow.

Haircut
I got my hair cut tonight. I left work early so I could get in and out in a hurry. How was I to know it was get your kids’ hair cut before school starts day. The salon was crowded with grubby little urchins who had no sense of proper behavior like not bothering others. This was another reminder of why I don’t want to have any more children of my own. Grandchildren are fine because they eventually go home with your children.

I would write more gentle readers but, since I did not get home until 8:00 PM, I will go to be instead.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home