Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dull Tuesdays

Hello again gentle readers. This will be a short posting today because nothing much of any interest happened to me today.

Some days are just like that.

One of the staffers in the office brought in part of a cookie and candy care package. It barely lasted the day. It lasted so long because there were only seven of us in the office and one was not eating because he had his wisdom teeth removed in a two hour procedure on Friday. He did not feel like eating anything firm.

It was Day 27 in the building next door non-deconstruction project.

The building management finally managed to finish the new carpet trim work in the floor hall. The installer was less than skillful and managed to chip a fair amount of nice new paint. Since there are still paint cans on the floor, it should be easy to touch up the damaged paint in another few weeks.

Maybe I should track the touch up painting project like I do for the building next door.

I had to fill my car this morning, the Honda Prelude that gets 25 to 27 miles to the gallon in town. Getting gas in nothing new. Today, I spent some time looking at local gas prices. I buy the mid-grade gasoline.

Station at the bottom of the hill by my house $2.93/gallon
Station a mile away from my house on my way to work $2.85/gallon
Station on my regular way home every day $3.03/gallon

I picked up my fuel at the station a mile from my house and directly on my way to the office. I saved between $0.80 and $1.50 on my ten gallon fill-up.

Sweet.

In case you haven’t figured this out, the Nissan Pathfinder has parked for a month and a half except for an occasional start up to keep the battery charged and the oil circulated.

I ended the day by arguing with a vendor about the terms of their contract. I tried to point out to them that I could change an address to send legal notices at any time I felt like and they said I could not do that. Then, I pointed to Paragraph 17 of their contract that said I could change the address as long as I told them what the new address was.

They said they would call me back after they spoke to their lawyers.

I love to hang arrogant vendors who think they know everything and who feel clients are sheep to be taken advantage of.

Life was good to me today.

Be well and stay happy. I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home