Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Slow Day

Hello again gentle readers. I hope your day was productive and happy.

This blog post is going to be short because it was a slow day for me. I spent a lot of time waiting people to return my phone calls and emails. This is not a productive day in most respects.

Non-Deconstruction Day
It was Days 33 and 8 respectively. I did see what appeared to be the security agent’s car tonight at the building next door on my way home. I guess that is a positive sign of some sort.

Balancing Checkbooks Visitor Count
The visitor count passed the 1,250 mark yesterday so those of you that visited yesterday can pat yourselves on your collective backs. I know that this number is not 1,250 unique individuals so the actual number of regular visitors is much smaller.

Quality over quantity I think.

Vivian the Office Assistant’s House Warming Party
Vivian is having a house warming party on Saturday at her new condominium. She invited the Big Guy go to the party. Actually, she asked the Big Guys’ dad to pass along the invitation. Vivian said it would be a good place for him to meet girls. I said I would let him know but expressed my doubts that he would go.

I phoned the Big Guy but he was out so I left him a message to call his favorite dad. The Big Guy rang back. We talked about the pros and cons of the party. He decided that he would pass and concentrate on school work so he can get a head start on some of his course papers before things too hectic at school.

Odd Ball Event
You tell me if this sounds off to you.

A local business is going to have an Oktoberfest promotion. It is held in a look alike Bavarian village or at least what we think passes for Bavaria in Southern California.

One of the events is team beer stein holding. That works very well for me. It is logical and appropriate. There are a number of other similar events. It all sounded pretty good to me until I heard about the grand prize.

The grand prize is a trip to Germany of course. You could probably schedule the trip to be in Munich for Oktoberfest. Here’s the catch; you fly to Germany on Air India.

Air India?

Do you fly from Los Angeles to Hong Kong [stop for fuel] to Mumbai to change planes and then on to Berlin? There are lots of other airlines that fly from Los Angeles to Germany including Deutsche Lufthansa, the German national airline, and a bunch of American flag carriers.

That just sounds so wrong to me on every count.

That was my day. Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home