Thursday, August 25, 2005

Weekend Update

The weekend is almost upon us gentle readers.

Have you made your plans yet?

I plan to take life easy over the weekend. I think I have a handful of things to do: go to the market, clean up around the place, do some laundry, go check out some computer gear, catch a film, and do some reading on the balcony and smoke a cigar. If I have some extra time, I will do some more research work on my dissertation.

It was Day 29 and Day 3 in the building next door and the paint on the hallway walls standoff.

I was thinking about the building next door today while I was on hold. Being on hold with really bad music is like a slow death, waiting takes forever.

I know the building is or was old. I got to thinking about asbestos insulation in the building. It could have asbestos all over the structure. I don’t recall seeing anyone wander around in one of those “moon-suits” that you have to wear when you are working with or near asbestos. If there was asbestos, then it could have been blown by the prevailing winds into Beverly Hills and into a residential district. Fortunately for me, my building is up wind so I should not be too concerned about the bad stuff that may have been blowing in the wind.

The Big Guy and I talked about his Internet upgrade again today. It looks like we have everything figured out. I am counting on the material that EarthLink will send us will have a wiring diagram. Otherwise, we are on the phone with the boys and girls at tech support in Mumbai or Bangalore so we can get connected.

The Big Guy checked in and said we only need two outlet adapters to make this project hum. I am going to check out the prices of the adapters this weekend so that we can be ready to go for installation over the long Labor Day weekend.

Cinema selections are slim this weekend. The only film the Big Guy could recommend was THE CONSTANT GARDENER. I have seen the trailers and was leaning towards seeing it anyway. I just need to figure out which venue and what time and day to catch it. I will also see what else is showing and may make a drive to see an interesting independent film if I find one that looks promising to me.

One of our regular conversation topics when the Big Guy dials in on the cell phone is parking at school. We are both hoping it will improve in a couple of weeks when students start to drop out. Today, he had an early class so go there early and found a decent spot to park. He said getting up that early, like around my time at 5:00 AM, is just terrible.

Reading over my weekend update, I came to the unavoidable conclusion that this is dull and not very exciting. I can adjust to that.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home