Monday, August 22, 2005

Mondays suck

Yes gentle readers, Mondays do suck.

I did not want to get out of bed this morning at all. I could have stayed in bed for a couple more hours at least. But, no, I went into work just like usual.

It is Day 26 in the building next door non-deconstruction saga. I have two theories that may explain why nothing is happening next door. First theory, the building owner ran out of money and can’t finish the job. That seems unlikely since we are in the start of the project so running out of money is unlikely unless there were some shady dealings going on out there.

Second theory is the neighbors in Beverly Hills complained about the dust, debris, and noise. The Beverly Hills city council got the project stopped until the owner finds a way to reduce the sources of complaints. This seems likely since there are apartment buildings across a relatively narrow street from the project plus the city high school is next to the project.

What do you think gentle readers?

Here is a follow-on to the ISP sales person saga. [I seem to be having a lot of sagas tonight.] The EarthLink web site lists an electrical outlet option. It’s hidden in plain view, how devilishly crafty of those tech support people in Mumbai or Bangalore.

The Big Guy and I discussed our options and decided on the electrical outlet approach since it is more secure than wireless and easier to modify. All we have to do is unplug a machine, move it, and then plug it back into the wall socket.

Slick. Too bad the sales person had no clue to life what was going on with the company.

Today was the start of class for the Big Guy. He called me from the parking lot this morning. As one might expect, the campus was crowded and he ended up parking beyond Lot A, which is close to the ends of the known world. He was able to get in and parked without any panic attacks, train wrecks, or stolen nuclear devices in Orange County this morning and that was a big plus. We decided that it would be easy to leave tonight since there are significantly fewer evening students and they will park close to the campus buildings. There should be hardly any cars in the lot.

The Younger Brother called this morning. He is going to be in Los Angeles and wanted to get together for dinner one night. He also needed a hotel recommendation for that night. I came up with one that will work just fine for him.

I have already started thinking about places to go for dinner. I have a great fish place with a killer view handy to my house. I also have a couple of sports bars that are close by and would work nicely for a very casual dinner. There is the outside chance of an epic dinner and that would be a drive into downtown Los Angeles for the Original Tommy’s Burgers. I think that would be a bit too much for a week night dinner.

Last night, after I posted my blog, I ended up helping an acquaintance in China with a minor business problem. It was all about trying to understand what a potential American customer meant with his order. I think I understood what the American wanted to have the Chinese company do and suggested a visual solution [drawing a picture] to confirm the buyer’s intentions. I think it will be an interesting project if it comes to pass.

The Princess called late this afternoon after she was home from work. She had a simple question. I offered her a couple of ideas and then suggested the simple solution to go forward with her decision. I think she will be happy with the outcomes and it is not an irreversible decision.

That was my day, dull wasn’t it?

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home