Thursday, September 01, 2005

Weekend Update and Other Things

Hello gentle readers. The weekend is almost here and for those of us who are in the United States, we will have a long holiday weekend with our Labor Day celebration.

Blonde Asian
I saw the Blonde Asian today. I was walking back from the local coffee store with my cup of decaffeinated coffee. She was outside walking so she could not get confused with the building elevator. Usually, she is dressed in a business suit and looks very professional.

Today, she looked like she had just arrived from a hard night of clubbing. She was wearing those styled worn and torn jeans low on her hips and a tight fitting tank top. She was very attractive to behold, definitely a head turner.

I had to wonder whether it would be logical to ask her out the next time we are in the elevator together or not. For those of you who haven’t figured it out, “Blonde Asian” is a pay on the concept of the dumb blonde and the fact that most Asians have naturally black hair. It was one of the intellectual jokes the Big Guy enjoys and writes so well.

Anyway.

Non-Deconstruction Day
There was no new activity at the building next door today. There was some bizarre activity in the halls on my floor. This morning, the building staffers came around and ripped the tenant signs off the walls. There are now big ugly holes in the wall surface and these signs are barely a year old.

Judging from our building’s serious case of the slows, it will be next year before they get around to replacing the signs. It was really odd.

The Big Guy’s Home Network
The home network gear arrived today. We discussed when to set it up and agreed on Saturday since I have no fixed scheduled events over the weekend. I figure it will take us about an hour or so to set the network up and bring it up to speed.

The Big Guy wants to go to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers for lunch after the network installation is complete and wants to go to our favorite DVD store after lunch. Once we get it up and running, his mother will stop bugging him about that point. I think he wants me to spring for some DVDs for him.

Movies to See this Weekend
This is going to be a thin weekend for the cinema. There is only one film that has caught my interest, THE CONSTANT GARDENER. It has some strong reviews and the Big Guy is impressed by it. Everything else seems like stay at home time.

Weekend Preview
The preview is thin this weekend because I am not planning on doing much of anything. The biggest event will be the home network setup. After that, I plan to sleep late on all three days of the holiday weekend.

Then, I have some cleaning to do around the place. I should go to the market for food one of the days, probably on Sunday I think.

Of course, I will be reading out on the balcony again. I may even light up a cigar while I am out there reading.

Schedule Changes for the Weekend Update
For those of you who are regular readers, there will be no new posting until Monday since it is a long holiday weekend. This just means I will have more to say on Monday so you will feel fully satisfied.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home