Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another dull day - another short posting

Hello again gentle readers. It was another dull day so that resulted in another short posting. Life is short like that sometimes. On the plus side with a short posting, I will have more time to read from The Three Kingdoms.

Days
It was Day 71 today. What else could I say? Nothing as is nothing much happened today at the building next door deconstruction site.

Sharon
My friend Sharon, who is a younger woman, is supposed to be sending me a cool photo of herself. I have been waiting for about two weeks now. I am beginning to think the photo does not exist. I have been told, “I ran out of time to mail it; I didn’t have any stamps; I didn’t want to mail it when it was raining; I left it at home; I didn’t cut it out of the group of prints; I left it at the office; and My boss was giving me a hard time about being away from the office.”

Maybe it does truly exist and it will arrive at my mailbox someday in the not too distant future.

Then again, maybe it is all a hoax to tempt me and play with my emotions.

I phoned Sharon this afternoon to say I was going to offer her an alternative delivery system if she had not mailed the photo yet. I hadn’t heard from her by the time that I left work.

You are probably wondering why I refer to Sharon as “my friend who is a younger woman.” There is a really simple explanation.

Sharon is younger than I am but not by all that much. Age is such a sensitive issue with women that they seem to grasp for every young attribute they can. That is why I say younger woman.

Sharon doesn’t like to be called “my girl friend.” So, I refer to her as “my friend who is a younger woman.”

Logical isn’t it? To some, it must surely sound very strange. But, to us, it is all very logical since we have been friends since 1987.

Andy Sippy the tailor from Hong Kong
I am going to see my tailor from Hong Kong on Saturday. He is in town this weekend, taking orders for new suits and shirts. I have been buying my suits from him since 1972 and before that with his company since 1967. Obviously, I am a satisfied customer.

I am meeting one of my coworkers from the bank at Andy’s hotel. I have picked up seven suits in the last eighteen months so I do not need much this time around. I am limiting myself to only one or two sports coats and that will be it.

My coworker says buying suits from Andy is like going to male suit shopping heaven. Every style and every fabric and every color is always in stock and it always fits perfectly each time. Our only complaint is there are too many excellent choice and too little money available to spend on suits.

Next, the Sharon connection.

Andy is staying at his usual hotel in Pasadena. Pasadena is about ¾ of the way to Sharon’s house. I figured that I could see Andy around 11:00 AM and be finished by Noon. Then, I could drive on over to Sharon’s house, take her out to lunch since I will be hungry by then, and pick up the photo.

Game – Set – Match to Nice Guy Chuck. I think that is an excellent plan.

What do you think gentle readers?

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home