Wednesday, October 19, 2005

No Rain Today

Well gentle readers; there was no rain in Los Angeles today. We did have some of the rainfall totals, that’s a big number with us since we live on the edge of a desert, for the storm. It looks like the rainfall where I live was about one inch and up to several inches in the mountains where I don’t live.

Days
The two forlorn potted palm trees looked a little better today. I am guessing the rain helped them. There was no de-construction going on at the building site next door. But, you all knew that was going to happen, didn’t you now.

It was Day 67 today.

Hong Kong tailor
I got a card today from my tailor from Hong Kong. He will be in town next weekend. I have been buying suits from my tailor and from his predecessor company since 1968 and I have never ever been disappointed.

In the last eighteen months, I have purchased eight suits from my friend Andy. It is going to be hard to justify any more suits because I will be out of room in my closet for them. I am going to go see him and I plan to exercise extreme restraint this time around.

I am planning on buying a new blue wool blazer. The one I have now is almost eight years old. It still fits and is wearable. I am just tired of looking at it now; the cleaners have not been kind to it over the years and the abuse from the pressers is showing.

If I play my cards right, I can go see Andy in the late morning, order my new blazer, and then buzz on over to see Sharon for lunch if she is at home and not working. That would be a nice day for me.

Final Notices
I got some very serious looking Final Notices and other warnings today in my email.

If I don’t do something today, the fake watch vendors have threatened to stop sending me any more advertisements. I also got a final warning from some mortgage company that I have never dealt with saying there were going to cancel my pre-approved mortgage loan from their company.

Now, those, gentle readers, are big time threats.

My only question is will they stay true to their promise to cut me off if I continue to ignore their messages? The short answer is, as we all know, the Dodgers will lose to the Angels in four game in the World Series first before they lay off sending me and you this useless drivel.

I wonder if you can only receive spam email if you end up in Hell for you afterlife. That would be enough to most of us on the straight and extremely narrow path.

Just something to think about the next time you have to wait for an elevator.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home