Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tuesday was better

Tuesday was better
Tuesday was a better day for me. I’m not really sure why today was a better day for me gentle readers. Maybe traffic was more organized.

Weather
The weather was mixed today. The fog was still present but not as thick as it was yesterday. I drive along some coastal hills on my way to work. When I was driving on the crest of the hills, I was in the sun and had to put my sunglasses on because of the glare. When I got down into the bottom of the hills, I was driving in fog and needed my headlights and fog lamps on to drive safely.

There was no fog on the drive home tonight. I did have sunset so I needed to put my lights on again.

It was warm for most of the day. It felt like the temperature was around 80F/27C when I phoned the Princess this afternoon.

The Princess
I phoned the Princess to see how her trip to Salt Lake City went over the weekend. She said she had a wonderful time; she got to see almost all of her sorority sisters who went to the wedding. I gathered from her comments that it was a reunion of sorts.

We talked about her trip to California for Christmas. I know she will show up so she can claim her fair share of what is under the tree. We were both concerned about a potential Delta Airlines pilot strike. Since the Princess is in Atlanta, a strike by the Delta pilots would play havoc with her travel plans.

I suggested that she consider Air Tran that has a nonstop flight to Los Angeles and also Continental with a plane change in Houston. Neither one of those airlines is as troubled as Delta is and they may have incentives to encourage Delta frequent flyers to try a competitor.

All I know is I have to make sure my Pathfinder is clean and has a full fuel tank so she can drive around when she is home.

Building Courtyard
I am beginning to recognize the smokers in the building courtyard now. I can also begin to estimate when the crowd outside of my window is likely to be noisiest. I don’t know whether this is an important skill or not.

I do know that a group of three or more women sitting outside of my window chatting in a foreign language is not conducive to productivity for me. It is very distractful. At least, none are talking on their cell phones outside of my window.

I noticed one young woman came out four times today for a cigarette. I guess she must be a hardened smoker. I wish I knew why she was smoking since it is common knowledge that smoking cigarette tends to led to cancer that tends to lead your unpleasant death.

With the warmer weather, many of the young women left their coats at their work spaces today. Normally, this would be a good thing. Not today though. It seems that many of the young women who are smokers are into tattoos and many wear thongs.

This combined to produce a large crop of women with Doug’s favorite female tragedy, thong creep. The creep was out and about everywhere it seemed.

The warmer weather also revealed one my female tragedies, bad tats. There were the near generic geometric pattern tattoos in the usual blue-grey ink to the more exotic graphical ones.

Bad Tats
I noticed one young woman when she came out for her second smoke this morning.

She had a bad tat on her arm. Actually, the tat was on her left bicep and she was wearing a tank top of sorts. It was hard not to see the tat since she was sitting on a planter with her arm facing my computer screen. I could not avoid seeing it.

The tat was a bunch of roses with a heart on top of the roses. There was a banner across the heart with the name of “Lionel” inscribed across it. I am assuming that Lionel is her boy friend. At least, I hope he still is her boy friend.

My first reaction was “I haven’t seen a tat like since I was a division officer on the good ship USS Leonard F Mason.” A lot of my men would get tattoos of with their girl friend’s or wife’s name in the scroll across the heart.

I always urged them to go with a safe name like their mother’s name or something like “Mom” since those names were safe and were unlikely to upset a girl friend. Most of my men never listened to me; a few had to go back to eliminate the unfaithful wife or girl friend when they got the “Dear John” letters.

My second thought was a long the lines of “I hope Lionel is her husband and that she plans to stay married to him until beyond ‘til death do us part.” Didn’t she know that body art tends to be permanent; like ‘til death do us part?

I suspect she will learn the very hard way in the not too distant future.

Co-worker from the Bank
I phoned a co-worker from the bank. He left the bank about six months ahead of me. He is working for a credit union that is only a couple of miles from my office.

I wanted to catch up with him and let him know about my involuntary decision to seek employment elsewhere. He was genuinely surprised that the bank had laid me off. We were both represented change for the bank and I don’t think change is accepted as being a good thing for the bank.

He is struggling with change at the credit union where he is working now. As he described the situation to me, it seemed as if the organization was dysfunctional. He laughed when I pointed out how much experience we had with that management style.

We will probably get together for lunch one day next week.

Satan works in the building sandwich shop
Our building has a really good sandwich shop in it. It is clean and the service is prompt. It is very close to our office and that is nice. The staff is friendly and helpful.

By now, you are wonderful where Satan comes in.

The shop has a low freezer chest full of Haagen Daze ice cream; ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cones, and I don’t know what else but it is all bad for me with gobs of cholesterol and other bad things.

Gentle readers, you will be pleased to know that I have resisted temptation so far and not purchased a single ice cream goodie. I expect that I will buy one on Friday since that is my long day; I have school this Friday so it will be closer to 9:00 PM before I have my dinner. I will need the energy boost.

I hope your Tuesday went well gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home