Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans' Day

Veterans Day
Today was the 87th anniversary of Armistice Day, the day the fighting in The Great War stopped. We called the day Armistice Day until after World War II and the Korean War when it was changed to honor all veterans.

If you can read this blog, thank your teacher.

If you enjoy your freedom, thank a veteran.

The Princess
I phoned the Princess today to let her know how things were going for me now that my Winter Break is over.

The Princess is in Salt Lake City for a sorority sister’s wedding. At the rate they are getting married, I think she and her old roommate Adrienne are the only unmarried ones left out there. We didn’t have a long conversation because she was on her way to a luncheon and did not want to be late.

Maybe if she is lucky, she could skip the wedding and go see Utah play New Mexico in football at the campus stadium. It should be a better activity. Well, I would try for that option.

The Prelude
The Prelude rolled over 329,000 miles – 529,500 kilometers last night on my way home from the honors society organizational meeting. It still runs well and I see no reason to give it up.

I won’t be adding too much in the way of more miles to the car. My current temporary job is only eight miles from home. I do like the shorter drive and commute time.

I know this is not much of a blog posting gentle readers. You can look forward to a longer posting in the Weekend Update on Sunday. I hope you have a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home