Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Happy Happy Joy Day

Happy, Happy Joy Day
Today is Election Day here in California for our state’s special election. The real significance is that this means the end of all political campaign advertisements on television and an end to automated dialing calls from the campaigns.

I have been called by the Governator three times now, I think Warren Beatty once [you need to check out Doug’s blog http://www.blogspot.skeetonmischa.com for November 7th for his take on the campaigns], the former mayor of the City of Los Angeles, and some other people I have never heard of. Naturally, most of these calls come at dinner time or later in the early evening, just in time to interrupt my day. My mailbox will have less junk mail to recycle.

Our peace will only last until the primary elections that take place in March 2006. Then, the whole process starts all over again and goes on until the general election in November.

This is one of the benefits of living in a democracy.

Doug
The Big Guy called to check in this morning. We talked about the election and whether he was going to vote or not. He wasn’t sure; I encouraged him to vote.

Then, we talked about registration for school. Doug said he got most of the classes he was interested in including the most important one to him, Screenwriting. This was a relief for him since he was registering late in the process. He is also taking American Cinema 2, Contemporary Film [I think], and Children’s Television. It looks like a good schedule. I hope the classes are good and he gains from them.

I told Doug that I don’t have to worry about my registration except for being late. I know I will get the one class I am taking; everyone who registers for their Dissertation block gets the course.

I asked Doug what he thought of Sharon’s photo. He said it was nice and had good composition and it was technically well made. Doug said he doesn’t see Sharon as she looked in the glamour style photo. I understood what he was saying so his comments were in keeping with being Doug.

Voting
I went and voted in the special election today. There were only really old ladies at my polling station so I just went in and voted and left in a hurry.

Haircut
I decided to get my haircut today since I had spare time to kill before going to bed tonight. I also figured my favorite stylist Michelle would be working today.

I was right; Michelle was working today. Going to the hair cutting place, Michelle calls it a salon, when I did meant there was no waiting, period. That was excellent for me.

I showed Michelle a print of the famous Sharon photo. Michelle thought Sharon looked very beautiful and was very pleased with my selection of friends who are female.

Then, we talked about Thanksgiving. I was happy that I had brought two cigars with me for Michelle as part of her tip. Michelle is one of those rare women who can pull off smoking a cigar and still look very feminine. Michelle was happy because her parents are going to visit her for Thanksgiving; she said that she and her dad will smoke the cigars together.

How about that for father – daughter bonding; cigar smoking on the balcony.

So now my hair is neatly trimmed and Michelle says I look handsome as ever. Sometimes I wonder about her sincerity since she usually says that before I settle the bill and leave a couple of dollars behind.

Weather
Tomorrow, the forecast calls for possibly heavy rain with up to an inch and a half of rain or close to four centimeters along the coastal areas like where I live and much more in the inland mountains.

It looks like tomorrow is not going to be a good day to go to the market. Unfortunately, I am about out of food so I will brave the rain and dress very warmly and hope I don’t step in any puddles.

That was my day. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home