Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend Update

Weekend Update
I think this may be a thin weekend update gentle readers. Some weekends are like that you know.

Pregnant Women
Let me first start of by saying I have absolutely nothing against pregnant women unless she is saying I am the father of the child that is growing in her belly. My favorite and only ex-wife was pregnant twice with the Princess and the Big Guy so I have had my full measure of gazing at large stomachs.

What I do object is women who parade around as if all of the world wants to see their stomachs. I, for one, do not.

I got the cinema early this afternoon and was talking to Doug on the cell phone when I noticed this very pregnant woman slowly walk past my car. She was walking slowly because she looked to be eight months along in her pregnancy.

Her dress just turned me away. She was wearing velour sweat pants and had pushed the sweat pants waist band under her distended stomach so that she look like she had way too many of Doug’s Miller High Life beers.

The mom to be was wearing a cotton tank top or at least it looked like cotton. There was nothing with the tank top in general. The tank top was just too short. It allowed about three or four inches of her stomach to show to anyone who glanced in her direction.

This was just what I wanted to see on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Friday Office Courtyard
The weather on Friday was much improved over the rain and the wind on Thursday.

The improved weather brought out more female smokers. I have been able to notice some who come out at predictable times now and those that come in groups. I found it interesting to see that some non-smoking females join their smoking friends while they share a break time together.

I guess I am no longer a novelty from their point of view; they can look into my office while I am working. I am glad that I keep the office space I am using neat and tidy. I think having a messy office would not be productive or impressive for me.

I learned that Japan Air Lines has an office in the building. That raised the possibility of their female flight attendants would stop by the building. That possibility is extremely intriguing.

Sharon
Sharon phoned me on Saturday afternoon. I was out at the time. She said she was going to a charity fund raiser with a friend. I decided against returning her call since she was out.

Sharon said she would be home on Sunday because she had to get ready for a colonoscopy on Monday. That didn’t sound like much fun to me. I had a brief thought of asking her out for dinner but then remembered what her procedure was and figured that she would not be even thinking about food.

I will give her a call on Sunday if only to cheer her up. I know that colonoscopies are not fun at all, ever.

Utah Football
Our Utes lost last night to New Mexico in a close game, 31 to 27, in Salt Lake City. It was not a pretty game. The Utes did not deserve to win. They gave up 13 points on turnovers. New Mexico intercepted a pass in the first quarter and ran it back for a touchdown and seven points. Later, in the second half, the Ute quarterback fumbled the ball in the end zone. New Mexico recovered for six points and another touchdown.

You can’t win if you give up two touchdowns on turnovers. Well, maybe it you are the University of Southern California or the University of Texas. This year, Utah is neither.

Barnes & Noble bookstore
I went to the local Barnes & Noble bookstore on Saturday because I felt like reading out on the balcony. It was warmish and sunny, prefect weather to read and smoke in. I was out of books, having finished off The Three Kingdoms as my last book read. Unfortunately for me, I couldn’t find a parking spot so I came home without a new book.

Fog
I woke up to the foghorns from the local small boat harbor this morning. Yes, I live that close to the ocean. I have lived her so long that I sleep through the foghorns now. By mid-morning, the sun was up and the fog was gone.

Today is a much better day to read on the balcony. Maybe I will get lucky at my local Barnes & Noble today and find a parking spot.

Reading
I did go to the Barnes & Noble and picked up three books. I was gone a little over an hour. I spent a lot of time looking for a parking spot and then I had to walk around in the store to find the books.

By the time I got home, the fog had rolled in and it was cool and cloudy at my house. I had to put on a jacket and zip it up so I could read and smoke on the balcony.

That was my weekend. I hope your weekend was better than mine.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home