Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Weather Changed Today

The Weather Changed
Well, gentle readers, the weather changed today. It was overcast all day long. It has been cool, no more than 70F/20C today. It has been breezy all day long. I could not wear my shorts today and put on long pants in keeping with November weather.

Doug
Doug called today to check-in on me and see how things were going with me.

We talked for a while about his school and what classes he plans to sign up for next semester. I think he is becoming a serious student. He said he was even planning on taking two Friday course. I can’t recall when he was signed up for Friday class before except for Summer school and that doesn’t count because the session is so short.

We also talked about where we would go have dinner after my class on Friday. There are a very limited number of venues that we would consider. The last time we ate together was at the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers and the time before that was at Morton’s with Amy the server.

That left us with Albertacos. As Doug has said many times before, “there is no bad time to go to Albertacos.” It is Albertacos for Friday night dinner for us then.

Doug and I talked about what films to catch at the local multiplex this weekend. He said about the only films that had caught his eye were JARHEAD and CAPOTE. I said that I would probably go see JARHEAD, having served in the Marine Corps Reserves for 18 months.

I mentioned that I had seen GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK. I said it was an excellent picture that appeared to follow the historical events as they unfolded. I felt the decision to use black and white photography was a wise decision and this helped make the film better in my mind. I said it was well worth seeing.

Sharon
I phoned Sharon to see if she was free or reasonably priced for lunch on Saturday. That way, I could take her out to an inexpensive lunch at Chipotle Grill and pick up her famous photo. Unfortunately, Sharon’s uncle passed away and she will be attending the funeral on Saturday. I expressed my sympathies to her.

We talked about going out to lunch next week when her evil boss is out of town on vacation. Sharon thought this was a good idea but wasn’t sure she would be able to go to lunch. Her evil boss gave her three new major projects so she was uncertain if she would have the time for lunch at all.

Oh well, life goes on and I will see what develops next week. All I have at risk in the cost of the phone call and that is insignificant for me, especially with my cell phone that lets me accumulate my minutes. I think I have about 30 hours of free air time to use. My cell phone battery will die before I run out of time.

Job Interviewing
I guess things are improving moderately for me today on the job search front.

One of my old clients from when I was a self-employed consultant has asked me to get in touch with them. They have a couple of projects that I could knock out quickly for them. That was a nice way to open my email earlier today.

The company were I interviewed yesterday convinced their client to meet with me tomorrow afternoon. This was a nice email to get towards the end of the day. I will give the recruiter a phone call before I meet with their client first to make sure I avoid any known pitfalls.

All in all, not a bad day for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home