Monday, October 31, 2005

No Winter Weather

No Winter Weather
There was no sign of Winter weather today. It was more like Summer. I was buzzing around this morning running some errands in my shorts and an Aloha shirt. This was sweet but 82F/28C is not typical Halloween weather at all.

It was sweet to be out in my shorts today. I’m not sure if my semi-pale legs were scary or not. If I had been smart with a keen presence of mind, I would have gone past the beach and stopped to read for a while and take in the scenery and local life out on the sand.

Korean Historical Epics
It looks like I will be without any more Korean historical epics to watch on. In the Sunday night time slot for The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin, the company broadcast a Korean musical show. I think it was a good show with nice production values. I didn’t watch much of it because it was in Korean, naturally, and without subtitles.

On the plus side, this means I will be able to go out on Saturday or Sunday night and not miss part of the series of programs. It also means that Doug is off the hook for taping these shows when I am out of town.

Job Searching
I was doing my job searching today. There was nothing that was really close to my skills and my interests locally. I could have found some very interesting positions but a couple of the most promising were in the coastal section of Texas.

Earthquakes I can handle because you have no warning and therefore no time to get scared. Hurricanes, on the other hand, take a long time to develop and their tracks can be plotted with reasonable accuracy. In other words, you know it is coming and you know where it will hit. That is not my idea of a good job.

I found another one in Kansas. Kansas is probably a very nice state and place to live. There are tornados, remember Dorothy and Toto, but there are no hurricanes or earthquakes unless you count the New Madrid Fault system that is overdue to pop a big one. The big strike for me against Kansas is there is no ocean. I don’t think I could live far from the ocean and beach.

Programming Note
Gentle readers you will have to get used to short blog postings for a while until I can find something new to do and a new place to work. Going to work gives me opportunities to see and observe on the daily passing parade.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home