Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Summer Weather

More Summer Weather
It was Summer again today. The high temperature at the beach was 88F or 30C. Toasty warm for a First of November day, it was pleasant again.

Job Interviewing
I had a preliminary job interview today. It was a contract position with the possibility of a permanent hire after the contract ends. The job, as it was described to me by the recruiter, is one of consumer loan administration for a consumer finance company.

The recruiter liked what I had to say this afternoon, so much so that he is going to push to get me an interview with the company president. That would be nice. I think the recruiter would like me to start next Monday. I would also find out why the company needs an old grey-hair lender. I suspect the company may have grown too fast and now it has some ugly growing pains to deal with starting off with credit quality and loan losses. These are not uncommon events with a new consumer lender.

I will get excited when I get a call to go out for another interview. One needs to pace oneself and not peak emotionally early in job searching.

Sharon
I phoned Sharon today to follow up on a phone call we had last week about getting together for lunch sometime this week. I had left her a message saying how about we do lunch on Thursday or Friday.

Sharon phoned back to say she was swamped again with work. Some of her co-workers have been out sick or on vacation and she and the others are being forced to pick up the work load. I can feel sorry for her since she has extra work plus an evil boss that does not like her.

I asked Sharon to mail me the famous photo of her. She said she would save it and give it to me when we have lunch. Sharon said she mailed me a thank you card for her birthday already. I told that I have not received it yet. Then, she said that the Princess and Doug have not received their thank you cards either even though I sent her six, first class postage stamps so she could mail the cards,

I was going to say that it was only four months since we celebrated her birthday but that seemed a bit harsh.

It would be borderline ironical if I could not go to lunch with Sharon next week because I was working.

Balancing Checkbook Visitorship
October was the larger month in terms of visitorship in the young life of the blog site. The site received 320 visitors and you all know who you are. Obviously, some of you are regular readers so your visits were counted individually.

Not surprisingly, most of the visitors came from the United States. The next largest number of visitors was from Canada followed by the Republic of Korea. I think the Korean visitors will fall off with the end of The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin postings. The remaining countries are Germany, Mexico, Ireland, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, and Spain.

I do appreciate your continued support.

New Single Malt Scot’s Whisky
I have a new single malt whisky tonight. I forgot what the brand is so I don’t have that for you. Yes, I know I could get up and walk into the kitchen and read the label but I don’t want to do that right now.

This whisky is from the River Spey region. I don’t think I have drunk any whisky from this region before. I do like the taste; it seems on the light side and a bit smoother than the last whisky I drank.

Not a very exciting day was it gentle readers. Some days are slower than others I guess.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home