Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Amy's Candy

Amy’s Candy
Amy’s candy arrived today. This was about a week and a half early than the shipping estimation from Ethel M. While I was glad to have the candy in hand early, I was even happier when I saw how large the box was.

I have to send some stuff to the Princess in Atlanta and this box seems about perfect for the job. It is even better because it doesn’t have a lot of Ethel M company printing on the outside. All I need to do is create a new label and that will be easy. Then, I have to go to the post office and stand in line for a while after work to mail it.

Nice Guy Chuck again
I was Nice Guy Chuck again today. I made some phone calls to people I know to see if they knew about a marketing position that my friend Sharon could fill. They didn’t happen to know about an open position but said they would ask around among their larger circle of contacts.

I think I am doing more work for Sharon’s job search than I am on my own job search.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I got a phone call from a recruiting company. The caller wanted to know if I was interested in a temporary consulting job in Glendale [about 35 miles / 56 kilometers] away.

I told the caller that I was booked with another job that was going to run all month long. He didn’t sound very happy when I turned him down. Life is like that some days.

Courtyard Observations
It has been warm and sunny the last few days. Short skirts have returned to the courtyard for a brief encore.

Ms Lionel [you remember her, the young Asian woman with a lot of tats including one on her bicep] was prancing around in a short skirt that reminded me of the high school uniform skirts in BATTLE ROYALE, one of Doug’s favorite films. That was nice, especially since I was on the phone with one of my contacts when she came down for a smoke break so I had to force myself to look out of the window while I talked on the phone.

Life was even better then.

Christmas Dinner
The Princess and Doug decided to invite their mother to join them and me for Christmas dinner at my house. It should be a very nice holiday dinner for the family even though we aren’t married to each other any more.

All I have to do is cook the meal and then clean up afterwards. I don’t mind this since it is only twice a year and I can handle that easily.

Days
Day 17 came and went in a blur today. I didn’t even feel interested in the ice cream bars. I think I may breakdown and but one on December 30th which will be the last working day of the year.

Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home