Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Warm Wednesday

Warm Wednesday
The warm weather continued through today gentle readers. For a change, there was no fog this morning or evening.

Working
I have been working on the first project for about a week now. I think the project is coming together nicely. The client will get more than they agreed for in the project scope. Most of the extra work, at no additional cost, consists of a 120 page practices manual. It should help set the client apart when it gets examined by the regulators.

This afternoon I spent some time with the Chief Operating Office getting his views and ideas on the project direction. He wants the project to be very aggressively designed. I think that is a seriously flawed approach since that will only give the Board of Directors more concern and result in a likely delay. Not a good solution.

I am meeting with the President tomorrow to catch his ideas on the project direction. I think this will be an interesting meeting.

The finance guys are working on the next year’s budget. There is nothing unusual about that effort at this time of the year. What is troubling is they keep coming into the office where I am working and ask me for advice and suggestions on what to put into the budget for the loan programs. It is hard for me to determine how much money will be lent in a yet to be approved program.

I gave the finance guys some numbers and explanations. They seemed happy with the input and went to plugging the data into the Excel spreadsheets.

Days
Today was Day 5 in avoiding the ice cream cooler in the sandwich shop at the office.

I will admit some of the chocolate ice cream products looked particularly tasty as I gazed into the chest while I waited for my salad to be for lunch today.

That was my day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home