Thursday, January 19, 2006

Long coats covered short skirts in the windy courtyard

It was windy in the courtyard and long coats covered short skirts
It was windy today and that was nice. For most of the day, it was clear and cloudless. There was little in the way of warmth since it is our Winter after all.

Then, the bad part of a windy day. There were fewer of the smokers in the courtyard today. Even some of the regular, die-hard smokers were not out today. Those that were in the courtyard were either wearing long pants or long coats. It was not a day for viewing and such.

Die hard smokers; there’s a fascinating concept for you.

Office Lottery
The California Lottery is going to have a jackpot of around $83 million for the Saturday night drawing. One of the administrative assistants organized a pool and everyone in the executive office put into the pot.

At lunch, we were speculating who would come into work on Monday if we won the lottery. All of us had an interest in the pot with an individual share amounting to around $10 to $12 million before taxes. I said the one of the senior manager was out and therefore not in the pool so he could be in charge and handle the board of directors meeting on Tuesday night. We all wondered how he would explain to the directors where all of the other senior managers were.

I will also but my own tickets. So, if I win, I won’t have to share my winnings.

Cosmetics Class
It must be back to cosmetics school time because there was a new class session today.

Even though I don’t go to the class, I have still learned a bit about women’s fashions. It seems that the new in-color for lipstick will be a burnt orange. Everyone in the class left the building wearing the lipstick shade.

I’m not sure I am ready to embrace this color. I think it reminded me of red lead based paint primer that we had on the good ship USS Leonard F Mason. It was either red lead primer or International orange, the color for emergency equipment like life jackets and life rafts.

I also learned that deep lavender – light purple is not a flattering hair color if you are an Asian American woman. I wonder what possessed her to color her that way.

Then, there was an African American woman who had her hair colored a pumpkin orange color. That color choice did not sit well with me. I was glad it was not close to lunch time when I saw her hair color for it might have upset my eating plans or digestion.

Maybe the school changed instructors today because there was no sobbing student outside of my window. I enjoyed the silence.


Not much of a blog but I will try for a more detailed weekend update blog on Sunday.

Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home