Thursday, April 20, 2006

Weekend Preview

Dullsville
This weekend promises to be dull if nothing else.

My big events for Saturday are, in no particular order of importance, doing cleaning and laundry, writing and researching for the dissertation, and watching a new Japanese language show on cable.

You have to admit that is dull.

Sunday does not get much better. I think Sunday is assigned to the dissertation and the new Japanese language comedy serial on cable. I should point out the Japanese shows do come with reasonably creditable English subtitles.

In the event that I get a lot done on one of the days, I still have four DVDs that are sitting on the player, waiting to be seen.

Laptop
I decided to put off buying a new laptop for now. Prices are dropping and Intel announced that they will be coming out with new microprocessors chips towards the end of the year. The new chips should result in an inventory clearance plus Microsoft Vista’s eventual introduction will stimulate demand for new machines that will be fancier than what I need.

Dissertation
I have finished my first chapter. I think it is in good shape. Just to be certain, I sent it off to an old classmate who has earned his Doctor of Business Administration degree for his comments and suggestions. It is 26 pages long; my friend’s first chapter was nine pages long.

Maybe I am simply on the wordy side.

The second chapter is the longest chapter in the dissertation. I hope to be able to write up to ten pages over the weekend. This would be an excellent start since I believe the chapter will probably end up at 50 to 60 pages long. Of course, the pages are double spaced and I am using the required Courier font which sucks up even more space.

Work
The building fire alarm went off again today. It was either a test or a false or minor alarm. I remembered to take my cell phones with me when I evacuated the building as required by the fire marshal. I tried calling Doug but he was unavailable.

We spent about fifteen minutes milling around. Fortunately, it was warm and sunny so being outside was a good thing. I don’t think that everyone evacuated the building because the crowd outside looked really thin. Either some folks blew off the alarm or a lot of people were not at work in the middle of the day. We were doubly fortunate in that the alarm did not happen during lunch.


There you have it gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home