Monday, April 10, 2006

Didn't rain on me today

Didn’t rain on me today
The local weather forecast called for a chance of rain today. I toyed with the idea of leaving my raincoat at home and taking my chances with the rain gods. I decided I would be warmer and drier today and carried my raincoat to work with me.

As things turned out, I did not need the raincoat to stay dry or stay warm. I almost felt sheepish for carrying the raincoat from my car to the office and then back to the car at the end of the day.

It is far better to be warm and dry and perhaps a wee bit sheepish than to be cold and damp any day.

Telephone Surveys
Do you get telephone calls from survey firms?

I seem to have offended someone because I am now getting these annoying calls on a near regular basis. I am getting one or more a week. Mine usually come after my dinner.

I always ask how long the survey will take to complete. I don’t want to be spending more than a few minutes on some stupid survey. The survey people always lie about how long the survey will take. Then, for some unknown reason, they get upset when I say, “Good night,” and hang up after their allotted time and the survey is incomplete. I have even had one call me back to rag on me.

Hello survey people, I only agreed to answer questions for a specific period of time. It certainly isn’t my fault that you lied about the time or are inefficient about asking questions.

Try being honest for a change; it might do wonders for your group’s consumer image.

I had a rash of bad luck last week with telephone surveys. I had one survey company call me on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. I kept telling them that I did not want to participate and they still called back. That survey company is now on my do not speak to for any reason except to say, “No thank you,” list.

I should also point out that I do not scream, swear, or otherwise verbally abused the survey callers. I am Nice Guy Chuck after all.

Voice Mail
I finally got a voice mail/messaging setup at the client’s office where I have been working for the last 100 business days. I only had seven messages in the system to listen to; fortunately, none were crucial or urgent. They were all answered in a timely manner long before I heard what was said.

Princess’ Birthday Dinner Photos
I sent the Princess some of her birthday dinner photos by email this morning. I picked out three or four good ones plus one of Dad in his new University of Utah beanie.

The Princess liked the photos and said they were much better than the ones from last year. The last year photos went straight to the “don’t ever show these photos because none are very good” pile. Last year’s photos will not see the light of day until the next Ice Age.

I sent the photo cds to the Princess this afternoon on my way home from work. I also sent along some copies for her roommate and their best friend, they are almost like the usual suspects. They should arrive in a couple of days.

More of Nice Guy Chuck or Nice Guy Dad.

Saturday Theater
My plans for the theater for Saturday took a turn for the worse this morning.

The young lady that I had asked to join me had to cancel on me. For the record, a young lady is any woman who is younger than me.

This cancellation was an obvious disappointment for me. But, her excuse was commendable. She is celebrating one of her best friend’s one year anniversary of being sober. The celebration will be at the treatment hospital. I can understand why she had to cancel since she promised her friend that she would be there to join in her sobriety celebration. She only found out about the celebration on Sunday.

We are still planning to go out for dinner on Thursday so all is not lost.

I decided to see if she was interested in me by asking her out to another theater event this month.

I happen to like classic or traditional jazz; this is something I picked up from my father. I used to listen to his records; yes, vinyl records, no cds or cassette tapes.

The Count Basie Orchestra is going to be performing a concert at one of the theaters that I go to on the 29th. I invited her to join me for this performance and she readily accepted.

Cynics would also point out that she readily accepted on the earlier invitation to see the updated version of As You Like It.

I am not at any loss since one set of tickets are complimentary; actually, I have a life time seat arrangement with the theater company. I won’t go into the details because they are rather boring and dull.

I bought the other seats without anyone in mind to take to the performance. I guess you could view the Count Basie Orchestra performance as a sunk cost for my search for a female companion.

Programming Note
Since I may be at dinner on Thursday and home late, I may not get a Weekend Preview posted as I usually try to do for you gentle readers.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home