Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Odd-ball Day

Odd-ball Day
It was one of those odd-ball days that happen every once in a while. You are never prepared for the event or events. When it happens, you are struck with how to react or how you should have reacted and then you ponder your decisions and actions for the rest of the day.

My Wednesday morning was one of those days.

I was coming back from the sandwich shop with my morning coffee. Now, the office has coffee but since I am the only decaffeinated coffee drinker, I buy a cup because it is better tasting coffee than what the office has to sip on and I don't want to waste a whole pot of coffee.

I was smiling because I was alive and that is always a good thing at any age and at my age in particular. That, plus the week was about half over and we all know how much I enjoy the weekend.

I passed two women in the hall outside of the office. The shorter one smiled back at me and said, "Good morning," to me. I think they worked at a cosmetics company in the building. She was attractive in a cosmetics sort of way; her hair was about as short as mine and all moussed up. She had it standing up in a spiky kind of pattern. It was a style that was not mean to have some guy run his fingers through her hair.

Had I been more alert, I would or should have something like, “Hello, how are you,” or some other glib, trite greeting. But, I was not alert so I missed an opportunity to meet a young lady.

Who knows, I might have been able to score some really good stuff for men for covering gray hair.

Oh well, I will be more alert tomorrow and in the coming days. Maybe I will see her again and perhaps I will have the presence of mind to start a conversation with her.

Windy Day
The rain storm left town for the moment. It will return on Sunday or Monday so my break is limited but it means that I will have sun for most of the weekend. It may even get warm enough to go out on the balcony for a cigar.

Instead of rain, it was windy today. I can handle wind or rain for that matter. Wind only messes up my hair.

Messed hair is a very good thing. It means that you have hair on your head and not some
sad ring of hair around the ears.

I went to the market because I was out of food, a perfect reason for food shopping. I was walking across the parking lot to go into the market when I saw a man about my age or maybe a little older. He was struggling with his comb over hair style that was about to come undone.

Sure enough, it came undone and blew away. It looked very sad and pathetic actually.

I guess he was just too vain to deal with his lack of hair. A comb over hair style is popular in Southern California. The man is bald on top and so, to compensate for the baldness, he combs his hair over from the side where it grows to the top bald spot. The bulk of his hair maybe only an inch or so long / couple of centimeters long. The comb over portion is probably six or seven inches long / fifteen to eighteen centimeters long. Most men use a bunch of hair spray, like glue, to make sure it stays in place.

Sad really.

Dinner
I had a healthy dinner tonight.

I picked up two salmon steaks at the market and planned on one for tonight and the other for tomorrow night. I sautéed them both tonight in lemon juice and parsley, basil, and cilantro.

Tasty.

Then, I cooked a potato and had half of the potato with a salmon steak tonight. I had a sliced tomato with some chopped onions and an oil and vinegar salad dressing. I did put some, but not very much, low fat sour cream on the baked potato.

Yummy and I had no dessert.


That was my day gentle readers; good in many respects but it could have been much better for me. I wonder what tomorrow will bring for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home