Tuesday, April 11, 2006

First Bikini of the Season

First Bikini of the Summer Season
I saw my first bikini of the Summer Season yesterday when I was at the post office mailing the Princess’ photo cds.

The first of anything is not necessarily the best vision or version; just look at Microsquash’s approach to product releases and updates.

I think the real problem with first of the season bikini sightings is that the wearer has been inside and covered up all Winter and for most of the Fall as well. Tans are lost and fade away. There is the latent tendency for body whiteness, in some women, that approaches blinding. This, of course, is a self correcting problem as the season wears or burns onward.

The young ladies in question were attractive in a blindingly white sort of way.

Now don’t get me wrong, the vision was tasteful and pleasing. I just would have preferred a bit more color in the image or maybe less paleness.

SPAM
I was thinking that my internet company had spam under control. My inbox was less cluttered than before recently. For the last few weeks. I have been receiving a dozen or so emails overnight and less on the weekends. About half were ones that I was expecting so the spam volume was way down.

Until this morning.

The inbox was groaning under a load of 43 emails when I opened it. Most of these emails were spam with ideas for penny stock investments, medicines from Canada, a warning or two that this was my last chance to take advantage of a great mortgage deal, and a Nigerian scam letter.

One spammer even threatened me that I would receive no more emails unless I responded immediately. I was shocked, shocked at the thought, that some spammer would actually stop sending me email. You can be assured that email was the first one that I deleted.

Gentle readers, I want you to know that I will survive, rather nicely actually, if I am cut of from all spam email.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I got an email yesterday evening [someone was working late] from a company that I applied at a couple of weeks ago. They wanted some more information from me.

I thought that was a promising email. The company would not have asked for more information unless they thought I was a worthwhile prospect for the position. The job is one that I would enjoy and have fun doing. I know having fun at work sounds odd but it sometimes happens.

The job is located about 75 miles / 120 kilometers away from the place near the ocean. That sounds like a long distance but the drive should not be all together terrible. Most of the way, I would be going against the normal traffic flow at a nice high speed but not exceeding the posted speed limits. The Prelude does get around 28 miles to the gallon / 12 kilometers to the liter or thereabouts so the drive won’t be too costly.

I would not have to relocate for the job and that would save me a whole bunch of money.

This afternoon I received a phone call from a recruiter. I had sent his company my resume and he was getting back to me. The online job was on the vague side; it did not identify a specific client. We had a good conversation and it may develop into a solid job referral.

We will just have to wait and see what develops from these contacts.


Be well and stay happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i'm just testing something out.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home