Thursday, April 06, 2006

Nothing Happened

Nothing Happened
Strange as it seems, nothing much happened to me today.

I went to work. I made a bunch of phone calls as part of a project to help the client find a new vendor for a new program. During the calls, I learned that the weather really is better in Southern California. But, you and I both knew that fact already now, didn’t we.

I do have some holdover stuff from earlier blog postings that fell on the cutting room floor.

On Monday and Tuesday when it was raining, the smokers would all scurry out of the building as soon as the sun came out. They reminded me of cockroaches that only come out in the dark and then run for cover as soon as the light is turned on. Cockroach is perhaps too harsh a term for the smokers I think. Calling them that seems to demonize them even more.

Oh well, I was not out there smoking so I guess I have a slight moral edge here.

I have a couple of DVDs from last Saturday’s stop at DVD Planet.com to view. I picked up nine DVDs and only two were ones that I had not seen before.

Doug picked out a Preston Sturges film, SULLIVAN’s TRAVELS. He said that he had seen the film in one of his film classes and that it was one of Sturges’ best films. Sturges was a comedic genius so I am looking forward to watching the film over the weekend.

The other film is Leni Riefenstahl’s TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. This is a historically significant film that covers Adolph Hitler and the 1934 Nuremberg Nazi party rally. As you might imagine, it is one of the most controversial films of all time. I picked the film up because of its significance.

I do have a contrast of films of watch this weekend for certain.

The building management is having the building windows washed now. I wondered why the windows were being washed now; the rainy season still has a few more weeks left to run or pour or drip.

Maybe the contractor was less expensive if they came early in April than later in the year.

Weekend Preview
Slim pickings for this weekend’s activities for your humble scribe. I will be writing and working on the dissertation and that is about it. If the weather stays nice, I may go smoke a cigar on the balcony.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home