Thursday, April 27, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
It was a slow day at work today for me. Everyone is over their sugar highs from the Fairy Tale Brownies on Wednesday. This will be a short posting. I will make up for tonight’s short posting with a longer one on Sunday.

Baby Shower at the Old Office
Tomorrow is baby shower day at the old office. Since I found out late [Tuesday afternoon] about the shower, I did not have time to think about an appropriate gift for twin boys let alone but it. I ended up going to Babies R Us and picking up a gift certificate. True, it is a wimp out and easy way to get a gift but it is also practical and the parents avoid getting three diaper bags.

I spoke with one of my old co-workers this afternoon. From what she said, it sounds like it will be a very nice time. There will be food and games and good friends. I think I will pass on the games part.

Sharon
Sharon did not call me today. Of course, I did not expect a call from her either.

Jazz Concert on Saturday
I am still going to hear the Count Basie Orchestra. I was going to go with Ms Flaky until she developed a very sudden case of out of town house guests earlier this week. My seats are in the fifth row and almost dead center. I should have no trouble seeing or hearing the orchestra perform.

I just hope it is not too loud and injures my ears. I will pack some ear plugs just to be on the safe side. Some of you may know that I lost part of my hearing when I was in the United States Navy. Prolonged, loud noise is just not a safe or smart thing for me to do.

Sunday Events
I only have two events for Sunday.

One is a doctoral student mixer at school. I am uncertain why the school is holding a mixer for group of business and technology students and group of educators and school administrators. It is not the best group with the most common interests. I can see each group on opposite sides of the room. I will go and put in an appearance; I sort of need to since the business school dean is my Committee Chair.

I told the Big Guy [Doug] that I was going because there might be a hot, single, female student there and I could exchange phone numbers with her. I do need to find a replacement for Ms Flaky. At least if I met a woman there, we might have something minimally in common and that would be that we were both in a doctoral degree program.

The other event is tangentially related to the school event. I suggested to Doug that since I am already going to be in the South O.C. that I continue on down the freeway and connect up with him for dinner at Albertacos. There are no bad times for Albertacos; Doug’s words, not mine.

Doug was a little sketchy on the idea since he has some term papers yet to finish up this weekend. I pointed out that he can probably afford to spend 90 minutes for dinner plus a break would be good for him anyway. He said he would think about it and let me know.

That is my weekend preview gentle readers. It is far from being active and exciting but it is my weekend so I will make the most of it.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home